To update firmware or not to update. That is the question.

• Currently running 8.7.10.38833 from July 2022. Not having any issues, but I'm pretty far behind the latest. Have a two week break before my next gig, so I can get several personal and probably one full band practice in.

Is the latest full-release version working pretty well for everyone, or should I stick with, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

• Applied it yesterday, and no new issues last night. Only thing I noticed was that delay is always on, on the first performance I load up. I always turn the Kemper off on the same performance (Performance 4 slot one) that doesn't have delay on. All I have to do is go up a bank and then down a bank and it is corrected though. Definitely not caused by anything between August 2022 and now, though, because it's been happening as long as I can remember. No big deal though.

• Currently running 8.7.10.38833 from July 2022. Not having any issues, but I'm pretty far behind the latest. Have a two week break before my next gig, so I can get several personal and probably one full band practice in.

Is the latest full-release version working pretty well for everyone, or should I stick with, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

I would stay.
    There are no new features in the newest version.

I'm also on 8.7.10.
    Very reliable version. Used it on many gigs now.
    If you have gigs, stay with 8.7.10.
    Never change a running system!

• I would stay.
    There are no new features in the newest version.

I'm also on 8.7.10.
    Very reliable version. Used it on many gigs now.
    If you have gigs, stay with 8.7.10.
    Never change a running system!

I agree its its stable then stay but upgrades are not just about new features but bugs as well.

Kemper ( for the first time I can remember) introduced a bug that was very intermittent that caused a crash in one of their releases - first time the KPA has ever failed me in 8 years.

The latest version fixes this.

In general terms, the latest version should be the most stable.

• Update only the Kemper that stays at home to the latest version and keep the last reliable version on the Kemper you use live.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio