Liquid Profiles

• Ok, so it's been a week now since using the liquid profiles update. I must admit it does make the amp sound even closer to the original amp. My Soldano designed T100 profile sounds alive, my band noticed the difference without me saying anything. Thank you, Kemper, well worth the wait.

• My Soldano designed T100 profile sounds alive

I don't know what it is about Soldano amps and Kemper but they are my favourite rock profiles on here. Its like a marriage made in heaven. And even my faithful go to Soldano profile after liquifying is even better than before.

I'm definitely impressed. For rock that's all I play just can't seem find better and believe me I try.

• I just installed the new OS version 10.1.2.47971 with Liquid Profiling (no beta) and I am really happy with it so far. OT: Go grab the SLO100 by Bert Meulendijk. Seems to be a no-brainer to me!

One of the key features I had hoped to see was the realistic behaviour of the gain knob and as far as I can see (well, I am short sighted - but anyways...) Kemper delivers! One thing I cannot get to work properly though is morphing. I want to control to different settings of the gain knob via morphing and the gain knob seems to be "unmorphable". As a workaround it is possible to use morphing in order to control the generic gain which directly influences the dialed in setting for the amp's gain knob, but... well it seems a bit unnecessary to me or am I missing something?

Can anyone confirm my observation? Maybe there is a setting which makes the gain knob accessible to morphing?

• Your not the first to make this observation, apparently it will only work with the generic gain.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Okay... thanks for the info. Maybe it will be implemented with an update in the near future. We'll see.

It works that way by design and is highly unlikely to change. The reason being that the Generic Gain covers the full range that the Kemper is capable of. Amp gain is almost always less than the full Kemper gain range. Linking the morph function to Amp Gain would restrict the morphable range unnecessarily. Within the amp’s gain range the two ate linked 1:1 so there is no reason to use the amp gain when the full range of the generic gain could be used.

• It works that way by design and is highly unlikely to change. The reason being that the Generic Gain covers the full range that the Kemper is capable of. Amp gain is almost always less than the full Kemper gain range. Linking the morph function to Amp Gain would restrict the morphable range unnecessarily. Within the amp’s gain range the two ate linked 1:1 so there is no reason to use the amp gain when the full range of the generic gain could be used.

Based on my playing with LP's, (btw, I still hear "Les Paul" when I see LP :) ), it seems like more is going on than just changing gain when you change a LP gain. Before LP, when taking a high gain profile and lowering the gain, you frequently lost clarity and the tone would become muddy and not pleasant. After LP, "changing the gain" seems to keep the profile sounding good and all gain levels (much more like a real amp would).

Of course, I could be incorrect (but it didn't sound like it), but it doesn't seem like the LP gain simply limits the gain range .... but maybe it does. Does anyone know for sure?

• Based on my playing with LP's, (btw, I still hear "Les Paul" when I see LP :) ), it seems like more is going on than just changing gain when you change a LP gain. Before LP, when taking a high gain profile and lowering the gain, you frequently lost clarity and the tone would become muddy and not pleasant. After LP, "changing the gain" seems to keep the profile sounding good and all gain levels (much more like a real amp would).

Of course, I could be incorrect (but it didn't sound like it), but it doesn't seem like the LP gain simply limits the gain range .... but maybe it does. Does anyone know for sure?

Kemper have said a few times that it does. When saying it is 1:1 link this refers to the amount of movement not the fact that the Amp Gain is behaving like the pre LP gain knob. Amp Gain and Generic Gain both function the same way in respect of the change in sound.

The issue about retaining brightness is probably the modelled effect of the bright cap. Try setting bright cap intensity to 0 and see if the makes it behave as before.

• It works that way by design and is highly unlikely to change. The reason being that the Generic Gain covers the full range that the Kemper is capable of. Amp gain is almost always less than the full Kemper gain range. Linking the morph function to Amp Gain would restrict the morphable range unnecessarily. Within the amp’s gain range the two ate linked 1:1 so there is no reason to use the amp gain when the full range of the generic gain could be used.

While understanding what you are saying I still think that the restriction of allowing only the generic gain to be adjusted directly via morphing is unnecessary from a UI point of view. After all, with LP it is the amp gain you adjust just as you would do with a real amp. With LP you can forget about generic gain, so to say, because it doesn't matter anymore to the way you interact with the amp. The 1:1 link between amp gain and generic gain doesn't contradict the use of amp gain in morphing. Whenever you change either generic or amp gain the other gain's value changes immediately, corresponding to the tonestack model. So why should only the generic gain be usable for morphing? E. g. turning up the amp gain to 9.5 means that this is what I want. Of course, I can look up the corresponding value for generic gain and use this for morphing instead, but this remains a quirky workaround nonetheless and I don't see any reason for this limitation. With LP you wouldn't want to go beyond maximum amp gain just because generic gain would allow you to, right? If anyone wants exactly that, then that would be the weird use which could be accessible via a quirky workaround - not morphing the one gain knob you actually use every day.