When will the big update be released?

• I would like if Kemper named the new update the "Turbo version" just to mess with Fractal. I would hate to spend all that money on a Fractal only for them to tell you. "Hey we have an update and you have to buy a whole new unit".

I’m sure if kemper implemented 1/3 of the options of tweaking, routing and switching that a fm3 has they would have to make a new unit.

Kemper and fractal are totally different units, they don’t work the same and have different philosophies so you can’t expect the same business model.

• The Kemper is a great piece of gear and I am enjoying it at this point in time. I finally bought one about 2 years ago because I didn't think it was mature enough prior. For example, reverb. Nothing worse than average reverb IMO. I am glad that I didn't suffer with the implementation as it was for many years. Years after the introduction, it finally become mature enough for my needs. The profiles are very good and there are now a mature set of profiles available.

The point here for me is that the hardware was done well. In the end, it is all about firmware with a unit like this. Good on Kemper for finally adding USB audio and making/offering improvements free of charge at this 'late' date. Bad on Kemper for taking so LONG to implement what the hardware is capable of. It seems to me that the firmware development is way behind the hardware and is slow by comparison with many other FW based projects I've been associated with. In any case, Kemper has left and is leaving a lot of functionality and potential improvements on the table even considering the latest release that is still yet to come. I believe Kemper has missed a lot of business opportunities as a result of the FW implementation.

Of course, all this is my opinion.

I read in comment sections people complaining the virus synth has not had a update in four years an peeps were not happy. Maybe it just way they are.

• I’m sure if kemper implemented 1/3 of the options of tweaking, routing and switching that a fm3 has they would have to make a new unit.

Kemper and fractal are totally different units, they don’t work the same and have different philosophies so you can’t expect the same business model.

So Kemper's philosophy is to get you there for 2/3rds less. I like that! :P

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• So Kemper's philosophy is to get you there for 2/3rds less. I like that! :P

yes of course. That’s why they are implementing tonestacks that many here found useless because « kemper does not need it, it’s good as it is ». :)

come on, I don’t want to argue here.

But the devices are really not the same, so you really can’t compare business models and hardware needs for units.

they are just tools, whatever works for you or anybody is great.

• yes of course. That’s why they are implementing tonestacks that many here found useless because « kemper does not need it, it’s good as it is ». :)

come on, I don’t want to argue here.

But the devices are really not the same, so you really can’t compare business models and hardware needs for units.

they are just tools, whatever works for you or anybody is great.

No one can claim, or has claimed to my knowledge, that tonestacks useless because they have not been released. All the comments are based on what might be implemented which is all a guess at this time. Nothing is certain regarding this. The Kemper meets my needs at this moment. Period. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

I agree you can't compare business models and hardware needs. Those can have a lot of variation.

• Automatic delay compensation when re-amping (this may not even be an issue anymore, as it was with S/PDIF)

Are you referring to different rigs responding with different latency to the original, DI track?

If this is the case, just use the Fixed Latency parameter.Thi is in the System section IIRC.

HTH

Still chasing a worthy one :/