Midi ethernet pin layout

• Does anyone know or know how to obtain the ethernet pin layout for a midi cable? I have a generic controler that allows power via a 7 pin midi plug. The kemper controler is powered via the ethernet so i wish to make my own ethernet to 7 pin midi cable. Anyone know this info? Thanks

• kemper controller do not use midi, AFAIK = your midi controller wouldn't work this way. Why not just plugging in the midi in of the Kemper?

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• ^ The Remote does not use MIDI to communicate.

MIDI only uses three os the 5 available pins.

Search for MIDI pin out on Google and you’ll find a bunch.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• kemper controller do not use midi, AFAIK = your midi controller wouldn't work this way. Why not just plugging in the midi in of the KemI

I thought if i know the ethernet layout, an the commands, then there no reason i could not connect the other end to a pin layout of the midi. I just presumed the ethernet cable worked just like a midi just they chose a easier smaller format of the ethernet conection. Same idea as midi just diff conection. Seems i may be wrong there. Well i want to power my pedal without the extra cable. I was thinking about using the power of the usb inlet but now it seems with the update i be using that alot

• ^ The Remote does not use MIDI to communicate.

MIDI only uses three os the 5 available pins.

Search for MIDI pin out on Google and you’ll find a bunch.

Ah i was trying to be clever an thought the ethernet was a midi substitute an that i could line up the ethernet layout with the corresponding midi pins on the other end. It seems the company used to do a conversion so i thought i could do the same thing.