Direct / Studio / Merged.

• Hello everyone,

I'm new in the Kemper world and I'm discovering all the possibilities.

So, just to be sure, the profiles can be sorted in 3 types ? :

"DIRECT" PROFILES => Made to work with "Amplifer" slot Enabled and "Cabinet" slot Disabled => Kemper's output has to be plug in a Powered Cab (with Monitor Cab off enabled)

"STUDIO" PROFILES => Made to work with "Amplifer" slot Enabled and "Cabinet" slot Enabled => Kemper's output has to be plug in a Console (with Monitor Cab off disabled)

"MERGED" PROFILES => Made to work with "Amplifer" slot Enabled and "Cabinet" slot Enabled => Kemper's output has to be plug in a Console (with Monitor Cab off disabled)

And the only way to know if it's a Direct, Studio or Merged profile is by reading if

the creator mentionned it somewhere in the profile infos or the instruction .pdf

attached with the profile ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best,

Antonio

• Studio and Merged PROFILEs allow to feed a console as you describe. At the same time you can selectively disable the cabinet imulation for the MONITOR OUT with Monitor Cab. Off enbaled, which allows to drive a guitar speaker cabinet via this output. In case of a Merged PROFILE you hear the embedded Direct PROFILE via the MONITOR OUT and guitar speakewr cabinet.

• BayouTexan ^^^^

Yes Antonio, it's not wrong what you say, but I would turn the point of view.

Direct profiles are made from an amp and contain just the AMP.

Studio are made from an amp and cab and mic(s), so they contain both AMP and CAB.

In case you want/need You can turn off the CAB but Here the split/separation between the two parts is an aproximation by the Kemper.

Merged are made with 2 profiles, one direct and one studio merged togheter so that the kemper knows exactly where the split is, and it do not have to aproximate anything.

If You add a CAB to a Direct profile You can use it as studio or meged.

The Kemper will make them work to cover your needs (CAB on or off, CAB Monitor on or off)

• how do merged profile compare when used in place of direct or studio?

Are they able to fill either role or a compromise?

I often use studio profiles into studio monitors and the same studio profile into a Kemper Kab with the ‘monitor cab off’ enabled.

I’m mostly curious if people find a direct profile is better for use with the Kemper Kab. Are there even proper profiles available where the DI version and the Studio version are identical profiles so the comparison is legitimate?