Ears required

• Before I start the mix on this track I'd like people's opinion on whether to use Ref4 Measure or not.

I've done quick balance of verse 2, one with the Ref on and one without. I understand you have to take the plugin off when mixing down but I would like some opinions on which sounds better generally speaking.
    Cheers!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Isn’t Sonarworks Reference 4 meant to just compensate for your own room, so not normally applied to export?

For me (unfortunately only listening on my ipad) the second one with is better because it has more mids emphasis which creates a warmer fuller and more intimate (closer proximity) sound that fits the mood of the track.

• Correct Per re take it off before export, I wanted see if external ears preferred the mixdown with the plugin on.
    There's more low end and it flattens a 900k spike which is quite dramatic, about 3-4 db.

I may try a half way house with it on 50% or something - I'll try anything to improve me mixes!