unable to find hidden morphed parameters

• Best way to explain this is with a video. Basically, there are some morphed parameters in the preset/rig but i cant find them or clear them.

How can i find all the parameters that are morphed? (running OS8.7.10 )

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Try turning off feedback sync before clearing FB2 of its morph. That's the only thing I may have done differently.

I also wonder if a morph exists somewhere in the Stack/Cab and isn't noted.

Maybe use rig manager and see if it gives its usual visual. You can also do a 'clear all morphs' in RM.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The most simple approach would be to press "Clear All" at the Morph page in Rig Settings shown at 0:19.

To effectively delete a single morph, you should not move the Morph Pedal into toe position. Leave it at heel and dial the parameter from its base value beyond the morph value. This will clear the morph.

• i dont wish to clear the parameters already set-up. The one found in the video is needed.

i want to be sure of the function of the "hidden" morph parameters before deciding whether to keep/lose/change.

i noticed also that if i copy and paste the delay it carries with it these "hidden" morph settings.

I could rebuild the delay (reload the delay from default, thus clearing all values) but this will take longer than ideal and would require me to write down all values on paper as saving will also save the hidden artefacts. Trouble is, i have this same issue on multiple rigs but they dont all have the same values.

Could it be the delay type has been updated and the morph parameters got migrated from a parameter that does not exist in the new delay?

its not the end of the world- i've been gigging like this for a few years but find it a tad confusing when trying to track down morph parameters

• So according to that, only one of your Morphed parameters is in the delay module. Do you find your second one if you look through the other 12 modules?

If not, maybe the "morphed parameter(s). 2" on the Kemper screen is a bug to report. But I notice that the Kemper screen doesn't include Rig, Input, Amplifier, Cabinet or Output. I think they all have parameters that could be morphed. So if your second morph was in one of those modules you wouldn't see the "M" like you're seeing for Delay.

• on the KPA itself, if you disable a module (delay in this case) the number of morphed parameters (as shown in the rig button/menu) changes to reflect those that are currently active. Toggling the delay slot on and off therefore changes the total count of morphed parameters thus revealing where those morphed-values reside. A broader view of this is the M shown against each slot that contains morphed parameters.

Perhaps it is a bug. It certainly seems that way on mine.

• What I meant was that one of the two Morphed Parameters could be on another module, not shown on the Kemper LCD.

I verified this by taking a rig with no morphs. Then I added a morph to a delay module. Now I see the "morphed parameters 1" on the Kemper LCD.

Then I added a second morph on Rig Module, setting Panorama to have a morph. As expected, the Kemper now shows "morphed parameters 2", but since the Rig module isn't one of the soft buttons on the display, you can't tell that the second morph is on the RIG settings. So the morph count is correct, just not obvious on the Kemper LCD.

If you click look at RIG or CABINET, etch in Rig Manager, that may be the easiest way to find that second morphed parameter. If it's not a parameter of a Stomp or Effect it might be harder to find on the Kemper menus.

• Th

The problem I see is that RM shows no morphs outside the delay module. If the morph is elsewhere, it’s not being displayed.

If you haven’t….support ticket. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The question is how you loaded those effects at the biginning.

KEMPER persistent effect presets don't include any morphs. If you had loaded one of those and adjusted parameters within the same effect type, there can be no hidden morphs. The same applies if you created your own effect presets with or without morphs and loaded one of those.

However, there is the function "Load Type" which just changes the effect algorythm while all parameter setting stay untouched. In this scenario parameters could get hidden, if these are not part of the new effect type. But their settings are intentionally maintained in the background. If you return to the original effect algorithm, all parameter settings - and this does include morphs - should reappear. I guess, the morphs in the count are related to parameters, the current effect type Dual Delay doesn't have. Perhaps you set thse in a Melody Delay before and then just switched the the effcet type to Dual Delay.

You might argue, that the count is misleading, since some morphs are related to parameters which are not part of the current effect type. On the other hand these morphs exist and might reappear as soon as you chaneg effect type again.

I talked to our enginnering, that these hidden morphs should be cleaned up, when a Rig or preset get stored.

• thanks for the comprehensive reply Burkhard , very useful.

Having been thinking about it more, I believe these may have been updated by myself manually from the "legacy" delay, therefore those "discontinued" parameters (frequency bandwidth) may have been morphed and excluded when migrated to the "newer" delay types where those parameters done exist so are hidden away in some unreachable settings.

I will try re-saving these presets on the suggestion that it should resolve the matter.

Is it advisable to get all these hidden morphs cleaned up or will they do no harm if left as is? (as has been the case for the past couple of years)

• They do no harm while hidden. If you should use the function Load Type again later and load an effect type, that includes those parameters, these will come to the surface including their morphs.

You could easily verify your assumption and select Legacy Delay and press Load Type. Perhaps the parameters are Bandwith and Frequency of Legacy Delay. You could also clear those two morphs, then return to Dual Delay via Load Type and store the Rig or preset.