Help with workflow when using the Editor

• I need help fixing my habits when using Rig Manager and the Editor over USB. I'm frustrating myself, and I need a course correction.

Let's take a performance with 5 rigs of varying levels of gain, different morphing parameters, and switched effects. When leveling the output volume of the rigs in the performance, I jump between them with the Remote buttons, a click in Rig Manager, or from the front panel of the Profiler.

The problem happens when I edit a rig, then jump to another rig without saving, and make some edits to that second rig, then return to the first rig ---- the changes made to the first rig are still active even though I never saved those edits.

This behavior only seems to happen when using Rig Manager and the Editor. If I disconnect the USB cable and work from the front panel of the Profiler, things happen the way I think they should. That is to say, when I edit a rig in a performance, then switch away without saving and come back, the first rig will return to its saved settings.

Even though I know to expect things to work this way when using the Editor, it always throws me for a loop and causes frustration where I think none should exist. Is there a way around this?

• I may be wrong here, when not connected to RM, but if you’re still in the same performance bank, and you tweak one of the settings, and then go to another slot in the same bank, those tweaks will still be there when you switch back to that slot. If you go to a different performance bank, and then come back to that bank it reverts back to its saved settings, at least that’s the way I remember it . I’ll have to get on my profiler and check .

• I may be wrong here, when not connected to RM, but if you’re still in the same performance bank, and you tweak one of the settings, and then go to another slot in the same bank, those tweaks will still be there when you switch back to that slot. If you go to a different performance bank, and then come back to that bank it reverts back to its saved settings, at least that’s the way I remember it . I’ll have to get on my profiler and check .

No, that happen only when RM is connected, and rightly so: the system assume you're editing the all performance and save it as such. If you move to another performance before saving, al changes are lost

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• main manual p.296

While navigating Slots within a Performance via the <PAGE> buttons of the PROFILER Stage, or the left and right RIG navigation cross buttons of the other PROFILER variants, any modifications (e.g. loading another Rig, or cranking up Gain) are interpreted as editing, and will be retained until you move to another Performance. Don’t forget to store before you load another Performance, if you want to make those modifications permanent.

As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances.

However, there is an exception to this practice: While Rig Manager is connected, any modifications are interpreted as editing and maintained during Slot changes as long as you stay within the same Performance.

• Thanks, guys - is it ok to hate that behavior? :) It drives me nuts.

I don't have my Profiler where I can get to it right now - but I recall that this edit-retaining behavior doesn't happen in Browse mode. Am I correct about that?

If so, that could be the answer. When using Rig Manager, I'll line up five rigs in Browse mode, dial them in the way I want, then copy them to slots in a performance.

• why so complicated? please read again what i posted from the manual (#4).

without Rig Manager:

use the navigation cross to switch between slots ( modificatians remain) or undo your tweaks with the remote (= load saved rig).

with Rig Manager connected:

all tweaks are maintained, doesn´t matter if you change slots with remote or on the unit.