Spdif out

• I’m trying to record via spdif into my apollo 8xp and I’m not seeing signal in the console app. UA is of no help per usual. Is there any way to know if the signal is actually leaving the kemper? I used to use this before I had the Apollo so I would imagine it’s still sending. ive gone into rig manager and looked to see if spdif is turned in and it seems to be. I’ve also checked it inside the kemper itself. I have the powered lunch box version and it’s updated to the latest is. I’ve done all the switching to spdif and also trying the Adat settings inside the UA console app. So far nothing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

• the SPDIF output will deliver the signal that has been assigned to it by the output source parameter. Make sure that the level is not attenuated on the SPDIF settings page in the output menu. Also, make sure that the UA is set to SPDIF mode and not ADAT and that it is synced to the clock of the Profiler.

• I’ve done all that except I don’t see how to sync it to the clock of the kemper. Is the clock part of the spdif? I’ve tried different clocking settings and it didn’t work but I can try it again. Thanks

• I don't use Apollo, but if if the Kemper is setup to send signal out on SPDIF, more than likely your interface is not setup correctly. Make sure your SPDIF is turned on in Apollo Console and also make sure the clock sync is set to SPDIF as well.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The spdif clock window is flashing red in Luna and console leading me to believe it’s not clocking. Maybe that’s why I’m getting no signal. It’s set to spdif clock. This has been a challenging one for sure. I’ve tried every setting in Luna and console I could think of and all the settings in the kemper output as well.

• Yes the largest Mac mini on the latest update.

if you’re using Logic Pro, the project sample rate needs to be the same as the sample rate on the Kemper. I also use a mac with a UA Apolllo and KPA. I had to buy an optical converter with mine. Post some photos of the settings in Logic (project sample rate), console and the KPA

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I’m on Luna but I have everything set correctly as far as I can tell and I’ve done this successfully in the past but never in Luna or with Apollo. So I’m not a total moron. ;) I think it’s the new digital converter box I just bought. I’ll try a different one. :) Thanks everyone this sucks…