*RESOLVED (bad unit, not bug)* OS 9.0.5 Bug: LED Gain and Delay Lights Random Flash On and Off

• I opened a support case on this too, just sharing here in case someone else runs into this.

I have a brand new Kemper Stage purchased new from Sweetwater (just took it out of the box today). When it's running OS 9.0.5 the first 6 LED lights on the left side of the Gain knob, randomly turn on and off and also dim on and off in different Rigs. The LED above the Delay button also does the same thing and is in sync with the Gain LEDs. This is after a factory reset, using stock Rigs with nothing but the power cord plugged in. Also the Tap light continues to flash even when it's LED setting is set to zero in System settings.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When I flash back to OS 8.7.20 everything works perfectly. All LED lights work exactly the way they should including the controls for the Tap light.

There must be some bug in OS 9.0.5 related to the LED lamp controls.

• Flashing to 9.0.5 via USB resolved the Gain and Delay LED problem but the TAP light is still not being controlled by the Tap setting in System settings, page2. I can set it to 0.0 or 10.0 and the light stays the same.

The Tap light is now being controlled along with the Buttons LED setting in System settings.

Is there anyone else with a Stage running 9.0.5 that can confirm your Tap setting of 0.0 in System setting page 2, turns off the Tap light brightness?

Edited 2 times, last by texhex ().

• Just received this from Kemper support:

"Correct, the TAP LED is controlled by the Buttons setting now. This was changed to reflect the status of the buttons when other functions were assigned. The TAP setting is useless now. I will report this to our dev team. Thank you for reporting."

It's too bad they decided to disable this global setting. It was nice to have separate control over the Tap light setting globally.

• Thank you Burkhard, I'll give that a try.

Unfortunately it looks like I may have a bad unit. It's doing the same thing on 8.7.2 after a factory reset as well. The problem doesn't appear until after the unit has been powered on for 30 minutes or so. I'm going to email back to support. Maybe a return to Sweetwater for a new unit.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by texhex ().