Messed up sound with Formant Shift?

• I recently came across this old video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I tried the suggested settings in the first example (for the bass sound) but my Stage sounds completely different, including an octave higher even though the pitch shift is set to -12. It's almost like it is broken except everything else seems to works as expected on the unit.

These are the settings suggested in the video: https://i.imgur.com/QfBZb4e.png

Have there been any changes to this effect that would mean it no longer behaves this way or am I missing something?

• I am monitoring it through headphones but the problem is not related to that at all.

Here is a short clip demonstrating what I hear with the settings shown in the video:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It sounds fine in the first part (using Formant Shift default "Manual" setting) but nothing like the video clip when I use the settings shown.

• Can others try these settings with your units and let me know what it sounds like?

Pick any clean profile, add the Formant Shift Wah effect before the amp stack and set the settings as shown in the video/image. What does yours sound like?

• i just tried the video settings, same weird sound. probably wrong settings shown in the video.

never used the formant shift before, wasn´t able to get any useful sound with it.

the manual describes':

Since the Wah Formant Shifter is based on a pitch shifter algorithm, you will also find the parameter “Pitch Shift”. This gives you the option to shift the fundamental frequency up or down in semitones. At the lowest pitch, or longest delay, it will resonate on an E major chord.

didn´t happen when i tried it. :/