Saving a rig from a performance - rookie kemper user

• Hello everyone,

I am as new as they come with the kemper. I have a few performances that were given to me and I want to separate the rigs from the performances so I can store them in my local library and use them in performances I create. I am completely stumped and frustrated. Can someone please help? And if you would be so kind as to be detailed with the process. I have been trying for 3 days, many hours and cannot figure it out. I try to drag and drop and that doesnt work. When I copy and then try to paste, it doesnt work.

HELP!

Tom Lagana

• Select the slot you want.

Press Store once. The upper right soft-button should now say "Export Rig to Pool".

Press...done.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Or maybe the easier question is...how can I take a rig from one performance and store it in another using rig manager? Or on the Kemper...less preferred.

• Or maybe the easier question is...how can I take a rig from one performance and store it in another using rig manager? Or on the Kemper...less preferred.

Can't export to pool in RM. You can copy/past slots from one Performance to another. I do that all the time.

I believe you may also able to drag and drop slots into folders, but I'm not 100%. It's not part of my workflow, so I'm guessing a bit.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I just tried a few drag and drops and they worked for me. I was able to drag Rigs from performances in All Performances\MyProfiler or All Performances\Local Library.

Example:

Create a folder under All Rigs\Local Library in your RM. Select your Performance so you see it's 5 rigs. Click on the Rig in your Performance you want (1,2,3,4 or 5).

Make sure you can see the Local Library folder that you created in the Tree View.

Drag the select rig from your performance to the folder you created under Local Library.

Maybe one way is to open a second RM window. Click the Window menu item, then new. You can set one window so you see your performance. then the other window looking at rigs in your library. Drag from that second window to the slot you want in your performance.

I think it would also works from one perforance to another the same way.