Update: Marshall Lead 12 and Liquid plus DI Profiles now on RM

• I just finished a batch of profiles for the most infamous Marshall practice amp ever made -- the Lead 12 3005 mini stack with original G10D-25 watt cabs. I have some Pristine, Clean, Crunch, and Distortion using the High and Low channels. I've also included some Liquid ones with the JCM 800 model because that's what Marshall tried to make with the little SS amp anyway. You can download below or from RM.

Note that the clean and some crunch profiles work great with a OD pedal in front. I use a BE-OD.

Please enjoy and Thanks!

LM - Mars Lead 12 and Liquid Profiles.zip

Amp pic

20230818_125705.jpg

Update: These are clean, crunch, and dimed DI profiles.

LM - Mars Lead 12 Hi and Lo DI profiles.zip

Update: These are two DI profiles using channel 1 and 2 of a BE-OD deluxe pedal in front.

LM - Mars Lead 12 Hi BE-OD DI profiles.zip

Update: These are two DI Liquid profiles (JCM800 model) using the Hi and Low channels of the Lead 12 to guarantee pinch harmonics and feedback heaven which is what Billy Gibbons liked on Eliminator.

LM - Mars Lead 12 Hi-Lo Max LP DI.zip

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited 6 times, last by BayouTexan ().

• Sweet bro will give them a burn😀 :)

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• awwwww yeaaahhhhhh !!!!!!!

• I will be making some more profiles later with different mic positions and angles just because it's damn fun, and this little amp gets seriously LOUD.

• Four of them are standard profiles you can try without OS10. ;)

Yes! thats what I Did!

(And I can Also Play Liquid Ones even if not ''correct'' )

I've always wanted to have that Little Monster but never found one in good conditions at a reasonable price.

Thanks for Sharing!

• I just tested these in my Daw and found out if you turn the cab OFF they sound superbly better - like night and day better. I had them defaulted to the vintage 30 but it is squashing the tone on my end. Then I put cab back ON and they sounded better with FRFR cab. Can some check them with cab OFF? I 'm confused to what is going on.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• ??????

Without CAB they sound crappy as Usual here.

I've tried to change the CAB With a 4x12 V30 I'm used to and they Sound Normal.. nothing wrong,

What do You mean with ''tested In my DAW'' ? Do You have some Plug in (IR Loader) active ?

• ??????

Without CAB they sound crappy as Usual here.

I've tried to change the CAB With a 4x12 V30 I'm used to and they Sound Normal.. nothing wrong,

What do You mean with ''tested In my DAW'' ? Do You have some Plug in (IR Loader) active ?

Thanks!

When I would go from another random profile to the Lead 12 profiles, I would get a sizeable volume drop in the DAW track, Then the volume would increase with cab OFF or in FRFR mode. My profiles seem to be "quiet" compared to others. I had the mic volume at +12db during the process so maybe I need to be higher on the next batch. I'll post those here too.

• The lead 12 (I've got two heads, a mk2, and a mk3) is ok through its own cab, but taking the DI/lineout signal through an IR is epic. I had great results with leads 12s and even with the Marshall DRP-1 recording preamp.

I think DI liquid profiles would be epic.

• The lead 12 (I've got two heads, a mk2, and a mk3) is ok through its own cab, but taking the DI/lineout signal through an IR is epic. I had great results with leads 12s and even with the Marshall DRP-1 recording preamp.

I think DI liquid profiles would be epic.

Im into DI profiles as i play through a cab. Its amazing how little DI profiles are out there. Not that I buy profiles anymore but there less room for error. Mic choices an cables become less of a influence. I can even hear cable differences doin my own. Its amazing how the cable you use from profiler to amp, an DI box back can make a difference to profiles. I was using silver cables for a bit but just realised few days ago it introduces a upper mid harshness. Experimentation in this are is key. All those crappy profiles on rig manager are just guys that are prob doing everything right, but they grabing any 5 dollar cable at bottom of the drawer.

• Thanks!

When I would go from another random profile to the Lead 12 profiles, I would get a sizeable volume drop in the DAW track, Then the volume would increase with cab OFF or in FRFR mode. My profiles seem to be "quiet" compared to others. I had the mic volume at +12db during the process so maybe I need to be higher on the next batch. I'll post those here too.

Ok I got it..

Ive give them a try with kpa-mixer-monitors and I didn't notice It but I didn't compare with other profiles.

I remember the clean one (prestine maybe??) was louder than the others But you set amp volume to +4 or so.

• Ok I got it..

Ive give them a try with kpa-mixer-monitors and I didn't notice It but I didn't compare with other profiles.

I remember the clean one (prestine maybe??) was louder than the others But you set amp volume to +4 or so.

For the LP ones, I set all controls to the midway point which is the noon position (5). On one of the regular Dist profiles I had gain to 8 and volume to 8. The Prestine profile was gain on 1 and volume on 5.

I'll have a new set done by the weekend and hopefully much better. I will also look into making some DI profiles of the Lead 12 too.

• BayouTexan

Changed the title of the thread from “Marshall Lead 12 and Liquid Profiles now on RM” to “Marshall Lead 12 and Liquid plus DI Profiles now on RM”.
  • I'm going to do some DI, LP and regular profiles with my BE-OD Deluxe stomp in front for the next batch. That should add a lot more bite to the amp.

• Updated original post to include two DI profiles of the Lead 12 with a Freidman BE-OD Deluxe pedal in front. I've tested these in DAW using Ignite NadIR plugin, and they sound pretty good. I've also tested applying the Freidman BE and the Marshal JCM 800 Liquid models to them and either one sounds good.

I will make some mic'd profiles with the BE-OD next. I love this freakin stomp!

• Check out this vid and Steve Vai's Lead 12 @ 0.33 secs ^^

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.