How to save changes to a profile

• I have profiles ive made recently. I want to tweak the definition and compressor settings on it but im not sure how to save these settings as stock to my profile. I can only seem to save the performance im on.

• Official Post

The same principles apply in Performance Mode.

Let's assume you have a Rig in Slot 2 of Performance 5 and you increase Definition in its amp module. If you press STORE three times the whole Performance 5 will be stored with all edited parameters including Definition of the Rig in Slot 2. Alternatively, you can press STORE once and then use soft button "Export Rig to Pool". This will store the Rig with the edited settings into your browse pool.

• The same principles apply in Performance Mode.

Let's assume you have a Rig in Slot 2 of Performance 5 and you increase Definition in its amp module. If you press STORE three times the whole Performance 5 will be stored with all edited parameters including Definition of the Rig in Slot 2. Alternatively, you can press STORE once and then use soft button "Export Rig to Pool". This will store the Rig with the edited settings into your browse pool.

Will this save a new version of the profile or replace the previous version?

• Will this save a new version of the profile or replace the previous version?

It creates a new version; it doesn’t delete the other. That is, if you save it to the browse pool it doesn’t erase this original. If you save the performance by hitting save 3 times, it of course saves over the slot, but the rig in browse mode isn’t affected either. Only thing lost is the rigs settings in the slot of that performance.

• Crea una nuova versione; non cancella l'altro. Cioè, se lo salvi nel pool di navigazione, l'originale non verrà cancellato. Se salvi la performance premendo Salva 3 volte, ovviamente viene salvata nello slot, ma neanche il rig in modalità navigazione viene influenzato. L'unica cosa persa sono le impostazioni dei rig nello slot di quella performance.

ciao cosi' facendo si sommano altri rig su altri gia esistenti,c'e' pericolo che la memoria del Kemper si saturi??scusate la domanda forse sciocca....se invece volessi memorizzare cio' che ho modificato sovrascrivendo l'altro e' possibile???vi chiedo anche come faccio a scegliere lo slot di memorizzazione??grazie

• There is no reference to any existing Rig in the browse pool. It gets added. A Rig with the same name could already exist. But according to your example the new one has Definition set at a different level and the creation date is current.

I’d like to clarify something for myself. You stated that hitting the store button three times saves the entire performance, which would save all the changes of any tweaks you did in ANY slot of that performance under certain circumstances.

I believe it’s when the profiler is plugged into the Rig manager, If you tweak and switch to another slot, the tweaks in the slot you were just in still stay there until you switch to another performance and back. So in that situation, if I was just wanting to save the tweaks I did in the slot I am currently in and hit store three times I would actually save the tweaks in all the slots I have been in and tweaked in that performance bank?

• Official Post

These following three notes copied from the Main Manual chapter Performance Mode explain the whole concept:

• While navigating Slots within a Performance via the <PAGE> buttons of the PROFILER Stage, or the left and right RIG navigation cross buttons of the other PROFILER variants, any modifications (e.g. loading another Rig, or cranking up Gain) are interpreted as editing, and will be retained until you move to another Performance. Don’t forget to store before you load another Performance, if you want to make those modifications permanent.
    • As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances.
    • However, there is an exception to this practice: While Rig Manager is connected, any modifications are interpreted as editing and maintained during Slot changes as long as you stay within the same Performance.
  • Ahh. So when I’ve been tweaking a few slots in a performance with Rig manager attached and meaning to save just the slot I was working on at that moment I have actually been saving the tweaks to ALL the different slots in that performance I have tweaked. Yikes! That explains a lot of my problems with Rig manager. When Rig manager is attached, is there anyway to save only the slot you are working on and not the whole performance?

• Official Post

If you had edited Slot 1 and Slot 2 while Rig Manager was connected and your intend is switching to Slot 3 to edit that one as well and only the edits of Slot 3 should be stored permanently, then I suggest to reload the Performance first, which will withdraw all former edits of Slot 1 and 2 - even those you are not aware of anymore. Now you edit Slot 3 and store the Performance afterwards.

If I edit a Word document, first I edit page 3, followed by edits on page 5, at the end I edit page 7, afterwards I cannot store the document just with the edits on page 7. If my intend is to withdraw the edits performed on page 3 and 5, I need to use Undo first or reload the document as stored, then edit just page 7, then store. I guess, this is the normal principle of editing and storing objects on a computer. And the object here is a Performance.

If you missed that point, there is a workaround:

• Export the editied Rig in Slot 3 to your Rig pool.
    • Reload the Performance as stored, which will withdraw all edits.
    • Load the new Rig from your pool into Slot 3.
    • Store the Performance.
  • Thanks for the explanation. And workaround. I feel much more confident using the rig manager now that I have this knowledge. I never looked at a performance as a single document type of entity before.