Problem after upgrade to OS 9.0.8.46641 and rig manager 3.4.32

• Upgraded to Profiler Stage OS 9.0.8.46641 and rig manager 3.4.32. Upon trying to download from rig exchange a message popped up alerting me that USB connection was unstable. The Profiler Stage froze completely as did rig manager. Rebooted both the computer and Profiler Stage and attempted to create a performance using a stock rig from one of the rig packs. After a wait of over 15 minutes for synchronization to complete between the rig manager and the Profiler Stage I concluded success was improbable. I disconnected the computer from the Profiler stage. Computer OS is Windows 10.

The Profiler Stage continues to function.

Programming the Profiler without rig manager is time consuming and cumbersome, and for me, makes it unusable.

Any advice to repair this software defect will be appreciated. I'm happy to downgrade to the previous versions of the OS and rig manager software if it's possible.

• You connect the USB from the Stage to the Computer using a USB Printer type cable. That's the "square" looking input closest to the power cord plug in back of the Stage. The vertical USB port, to the left of the square USB port, is where you insert a thumb drive.

If your connections are correct, try a new USB printer cable because they do go bad just sitting there. I know that for a fact.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• That would be quite a coincidence if the USB cable failed immediately after I downloaded the latest OS update and then attempted to use the profiler with rig manager. Nevertheless, I'm desperate and swapped out the USB cable. Failures noted in my original post remain. Not change with new USB cable.

I sure wish your solution worked. Thanks anyway for the help.

• Other things you still might try, as well as Kemper support as BayouTexan recommended-

Try other USB ports on your computer. They are not necessarily all the same. Also bypass any hub if you're using one and connect directly to each USB port you can try.

• Thanks for the suggestion but changing USB ports had no effect on the problem and I don't use a hub.

A suggestion from Helge S at Kemper instructed me to install rig manager software version to 3.4.45.

Rig manager software version 3.4.45 did not solve the problem. The problem persists. I still cannot sync from rig manager to the profiler.

Does anyone know how to revert to previous versions of the OS and rig manager software? The older software versions don't appear to be on the Kemper website.

The older versions of the OS and Rig Manager software may lack the latest features but at least for me, they functioned without problem.

• The older software versions don't appear to be on the Kemper website.

Downloads | Kemper Amps

Does anyone know how to revert to previous versions

download Rm and OS from the link above.

than follow the instructions from the MANUAL:

"By the way, if you create a backup before you upgrade, you can always downgrade to our latest release version, restore your backup, and be on safe ground for your next job. This way, you can completely avoid occasional downward compatibility issues that can affect data stored under a new operating system. Downgrades via USB memory stick follow the same procedure as upgrades. Rig Manager includes a function to revert the PROFILER OS to the previous release revision."

• Thank you for the reply christianbad. I did not make a backup before I upgraded to the latest OS and rig manager software. It was a mistake not to backup and not one I make with my other digital devices. Frankly, I glossed over that portion of the manual (until now) as I focused (struggled) setting up some of the more basic functions of the profiler being quite anxious to explore its capabilities.

It was certainly a mistake to not backup and one from which I hope others may benefit. I hope the penalty for my negligence is not the lack of a forward compatibility solution to my problem.

I found the older software but not sure if it's the previous OS or rig manager versions I used. There appears a limited number of "older" software versions. Since I didn't backup I don't know what version I had. For better or worse, I have religiously installed the latest software when rig manager alerted me. The software versions I'd like to downgrade to are whatever was before OS 9.0.8.46641 and rig manager 3.4.32. No problem with these versions. Any idea what versions were before OS 9.0.8.46641 and rig manager 3.4.32?

• i"ve had the same and even wrote a topic about it somewhere in the forums here.

Reverting to an older OS solves the problem, but with the upcoming updates with liquid profiles, it's not really a joy.

I think (hope) the reason they still didn't go to OS 10 is because of this.