What do you think of this 1968 Marshall Super Bass profile?

• Hey everyone,

I'm working on my first Kemper release - it's gonna be my 1968 Marshall Super Bass. Here is one of the bread and butter tones of that amp - a balanced/brightish crunch setting on the bright channel. It's captured through a 1968 1960A with G12M 75Hz Pulsonic coned Celestion speakers. Mics are Royer R121, Beyerdynamic M160 and Neumann U87.

Profile:

https://we.tl/t-c7PGbHBBYk

Amp and cab:

DSCF3726
    www.flickr.com

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for any input!

• Hi!

1st of all Welcome and Thanks!

I'm not in the contitions right now to test it but ..looks like I Need this profile anyway ^^

I had have some other Super Bass profile and I'm courious to compare them, ASAP!

Thanks Again in the meantime!

PS

It's just 1 Profile right? ''MRSH SB100 BR Crunch BAL CAB'' or there's someting I'm missing?

PS2

Why Don't You upload it also on Rig Exchange?

Rig Exchange | Kemper Amps

• Yes, it is just that one profile. I will post it on Rig exchange too, but as i realized things cannot be deleted from it (at least i have not found a way) and i want to make sure it is as good as i can make it before loading it up.

Thanks, your feedback would be much appreciated!

• Welcome here man, I appreciate your NAM amp captures & I'm happy to see you've got some interest for the kemper , putting this one on rig ex would certainly help as you can give feedback from rig manager with the inner star system/notation.

I'll have a look & give you feedback

• Welcome here man, I appreciate your NAM amp captures & I'm happy to see you've got some interest for the kemper , putting this one on rig ex would certainly help as you can give feedback from rig manager with the inner star system/notation.

I'll have a look & give you feedback

Thanks - much appreciated!

• Yes, it is just that one profile. I will post it on Rig exchange too, but as i realized things cannot be deleted from it (at least i have not found a way) and i want to make sure it is as good as i can make it before loading it up.

Thanks, your feedback would be much appreciated!

Welcome, Karlis!

I love your ToneX captures.

Now do your magic with Kemper profiling.

Also note that you can put everything you upload to Rig Exchange to "private" and it will disappear to the public.

• Tried it , it does the job well , a tad dark and does not really clean up with git vol pot on my strat , but I guess it's like the original, and I dig these tones a lot. Definition did really help to sharpen the tone .

However I managed to get some clean with gain down , and I appreciate this profile being liquid , gain seems to be maxed out to 11 on this great vintage marshall.

I can feel the limits of the KPA vs NAM , fidelity seems much higher when A/B them with similar captures on NAM

• Hi and welcome to the Kemper Family

and thanks for the profile. I´ll try it out :)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Official Post

Yes, but I dialed it in for a specific sound, not gain on full and eq on 5, as i still feel that this lets me approximate the closest tone of the reference amp.

maximum gain is actually just one of three settings mentioned in the Main Manual:

" The same is true for the gain potentiometer. For PROFILING, it is preferable to set the gain control of your reference amp to the maximum position. PROFILING can gather the most information from your amp when a lot of distortion is happening – more than you might typically need for playing.

If such high gain or volume is not appropriate for your environment, set the gain control to noon (middle) position.

In case the noon position doesn’t produce a sufficient level of distortion, set the Gain control to an appropriate position in the right half."

• maximum gain is actually just one of three settings mentioned in the Main Manual:

" The same is true for the gain potentiometer. For PROFILING, it is preferable to set the gain control of your reference amp to the maximum position. PROFILING can gather the most information from your amp when a lot of distortion is happening – more than you might typically need for playing.

If such high gain or volume is not appropriate for your environment, set the gain control to noon (middle) position.

In case the noon position doesn’t produce a sufficient level of distortion, set the Gain control to an appropriate position in the right half."

Yes, i went with the maximum normally usable gain that seems to work well with Liquid Profiles - for the profile that is meant to be as the flexible/adjustable one along the lines how liquid profiling was intended.

All others i profiled for a specific setting and just dialed in the knobs on the Liquid profile for reference.

• Karlis, glad to see you over here, man. This guy has the hands down best Tonex captures. I can only hope and expect that his KPA profiles are as great!

Don't have access to my Kemper, but when I do i will check this out.