Dream Theater/ JP tone

• Hello fellow Kemper brothers,

I hope all is well. This is my first ever forum so I am trying my best to keep my excitement level down :D. I plan on shooting my first ever guitar solo play-through and I fell in love with the solo from THE BEST OF TIMES off the album Black Clouds/ Silver Linings. In my opinion, this solo is the best of all time ( not even trying to be funny lol, I just love this solo so much). I want a profile that will really get me close to JP's tone. I know there are some profiles out there that I can buy but I rather have some opinions beforehand to see if it is very much necessary to buy these specific profiles. Thank you in advance for all your help guys and I hope you all achieve your guitar dreams as well !! :P

The guitar I will be using for this play through is a Charvel Promod DK24 ( Chlorine Burst) I did mod it and placed in Dimarzio EVO's in it just because I felt like the Seymour Duncans that come stock with the charvel were a little too muddy for my liking. I wanted to tell you guys my guitar as well because the guitar pickups do play a part in the tone ofc.

• Hi Bruce

If you are looking for some excellent JP profiles,i can highly recommend Stefan at PWC profiles

He has some free profiles to download

His YouTube channel is here

Sleeping giant for free

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I bought his everything pack, and he has some excellent profiles that are different to the albums he's profiled

• Then I can highly recommend Stefan at PWC

He has album specific profiles, as well as profiles that are in his "Everything pack"..I bought the everything pack, and I think he is as close as possible to JP's tone as you can get

He is a pleasure to deal with, and he also has free profiles to download for each of DT's albums..

Plus he has sleeping giant, and im blown away..

Here is his YouTube channel if anybody is interested

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.