Disable USB Audio

• When I startup the Kemper, it takes over from my audio interface, and I have to switch them back on the computer. I do not need to use the Kemper audio interface. How do I disable it from starting up at all?

• you cannot disable USB Audio in any of the Profiler menus. You can only control the output level of the DAW signal.

If your PC automatically switches to a different interface you need to change the preferences in your computer to prevent that.

• so frustrating - mine does the same thing and i have no idea how to change the preferences in my computer to do that!!

Plus I'm running everything through Sonorworks and that adds another layer.

I wish i hadn't updated this thing

• so frustrating - mine does the same thing and i have no idea how to change the preferences in my computer to do that!!

Plus I'm running everything through Sonorworks and that adds another layer.

I wish i hadn't updated this thing

All what you need to do is to go to your settings (from the computer), audio devices, and select the preferred one. I hope not to come through as an a$$...le, but the problem is not the update or the added functionality. If you want to properly use a DAW, then you need to master some basics like managing the audio I/O. I understand the frustration, but the unit and the software works as intended...

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• On my computer (Win10) the order of switching devices on will determine which device Windows uses as the input and output if the computer is on first. I use my X32 as my audio interface so that is always turned on last. Also if I turn on the computer last Windows will select the last used i/o device selected in the sound preferences. I have 6 USB devices connected to my computer, 2 Kempers, a VG-99, Gr-55 and a Korg Krome keyboard and the X32.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• In case the interface causes a problem try to deactivate it in the windows sound system settings, see PDF.

After deactivation it will disappear in the list of available audio connections.

Just deactivating the audio interface in the device manager doesn't have the same effect, don't know if this work too.

Does that help ?

disable_USB_audio_Windows.pdf

• Kemper Support #1 I experience that when the Kemper connects it changes the output volume of my Apollo. How is that even possible?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM