** FIX ** for "Broken" Bright Cap in RM 3.4.45 and Latest BETA FW 10.1

• Hi all !

This worked for me.

I *had* installed the latest BETA FW Update from within RM - *not* via USB Stick and as a result, the Bright Cap in RM 3.4.45 and on my Stage running the Latest BETA FW was "broken" / "not working"

The fix:-

1 => don't change or remove or uninstall RM 3.4.45 - leave it alone :)

2 => then put the previous BETA FW OS 10 10.0.0.46731 on a USB Stick - as normal - and *downgrade" from the Latest BETA FW back down to the previous BETA FW via the USB Port on your Unit - I have a Stage

3 => then put the latest BETA FW 10.1.xxxxx on a USB Stick - as normal - and "re-upgrade back up" to the Latest BETA FW via the USB Port on your Unit

Result

- RM 3.4.45 has remained installed - no changes

- Latest BETA FW 10.1.0.47341B is installed - all good

- Bright Cap Control in RM -and- on the Hardware unit are both working perfectly and are both talking to each other perfectly

Hope this helps.

Ben

• Hey

have the same issue, tried to downgrade and upgrade via USB

Unfortunately it didn't changed anything

Bright Cap simply dont work in the latest Beta

• Ok thats funny,

did the same procedure again via USB Stick, downgrade and upgrade

and now Bright Cap works

?????

Really glad it worked for you :)

There's definitely some sort of very minor "bug" / "inconsistently erratic" something going on ... I'm sure it will get sorted before "release" .... as someone once said to me on another forum .... that's why they call them "beta's" :)

Its very important as the Bright Cap is very crucial to dialing in the character of the gain and especially the high end content of the gain ... it is initially subtle but once you turn up to gig levels ... I used the new Beta at rehearsals the other night .... the impact of the Bright Cap settings becomes very, very apparent and audible.

All the best,

Ben

• i would like to suggest that everybody here takes a look at this Video from HW

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Let us all know how you go :)

Thanks alot for that file.

Tried it and it did work :)

With the 10.0 OS I did a short test drive and compared it with 10.1. TO me it sounds like they did change the parameter range of "bright cap intensity" a bit . I believe in 10.1 I need to turn the knob much further to get the effect.

That could be purely psychological though. Usually I do recordings of before and after when I test such things, but I forgot to do that tonight and now I'm too tired to start the procedure all over again.

Anyway, I got it working again in 10.1 which is a great thing for me.