Sound Settings via Headphone for use live in Kemper cab

• Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

I use a Kemper power head with remote and passive kemper cab.

When I play live I use to put a microphone in front of the kemper cab (like a traditional cab) to go out into the system.

I am satisfied with my sounds which I have set over time by playing in the rehearsal room at medium-high volume and then over time setting them finely during rehearsals with bands or live.

I basically use 2 performances using various morphing possibilities.

However, I would now like to be able to adjust/create new sounds and new performances at home using headphones and then use the Kemper always combined with the Kemper Cab and mike it without going live into the PA.

Could someone give me, if possible, some guidance on how to set properly the headphones/kemper-head to be able to create new sounds in the headphones and then use them in the kemper cab without having completely different sounds from the headphones to the cab?

Thank you so much

• I think there will always be a small difference when listening through different media. The headphone sound will possibly more closely map to the main outputs which you can use to feed the PA.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I personally don't think that putting a mic in front of the Kab is making sense (Main Outs deliver a mic signal already), but hey, if it sounds good then is good.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Thanks for the info. Yes, I know that the Kemper cab is not really designed to be miked, in fact quite the opposite, but live it has always satisfied me even with the microphone when I have used it like this.

I have done some experiments and for now the most faithful answer to the "homemade" sounds in headphones and then transported into the PA system I obtained by connecting the Kemper to a Focusrite and then a PC with headphones and I would say that it goes quite well and few modifications are currently necessary in the live phase with a performance with clean - drive - crunch and solo.

Thank you all