Distortion lowers volume of rig

• Hi All,

I am not able to use any of the distortion pedals as the volume lowers significantly when in use.

I am using the distortion before the amp.

I have tested quite a few and they all have the same issue.Distortion sense and clean are set at 12 o clock.

I'd appreciate any fedback as I am having no luck resolving this myself

• Thanks for the feedback but that didn't work.

I want to keep the drive down, just add a little crunch but having no luck doing it

• Set all the sens to 0.0db. Make sure you don't have a volume wah or volume morph engaged. The volume should not lower but only compress with a stomp.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks for the feedback but that didn't work.

I want to keep the drive down, just add a little crunch but having no luck doing it

It all depends on the -profile you are trying to boost. If it is already distorted then clean sense won’t help. However, if it is a clean profile then clean sense should help as it balances the global relationship between clean and dirty. I always find clean sounds are way too loud relative to dirty. Therefore, I need to run clean sense around -6db at all times to compensate for this. A good way to test this is to take a rig and move the gain from 0 to max. If clean sense is set correctly for you the volume should stay the same or increase slightly as the level of dirt increases. If the volume reduces as you increase gain then clean sense needs to be lowered. This is effectively what is happening when you add that gain via a Stomp too.