Baffling "Performance not in preview" error message in Rig Manager when trying to rearrange slots

• I'm trying to rearrange the slots in a performance in Rig Manager

The profiler is in Perform mode. I have loaded the performance I want to edit in the Profiler (the Profiler shows the performance on the LCD). In the Rig Manager, I see the little headphones icon next to the performance, and the selection bar is red on that performance.

On the right, I see the slots. I drag the header of slot 3 and try to drop it between 1 and 2 - I see a little blue bar showing me where to drop. When I release however, I get this error message

So what am I missing? In RM I've tried right-clicking the performance and selecting "Load into editor and preview". In the slot list, I've tried doing the same with the amp I'm trying to move.

Baffled and bamboozled...

• Official Post

What you describe sounds correct and works here. Please open a support ticket and include a video to demonstrate what you do step by step. This should include former edits (or is something locked?). The fact, that the selection bar is red, means, the Performance has changed since it has been loaded.

• I have same error. Stage Profiler is in Perform mode, yet I get that error when trying to paste a rig into a slot.

• Hi, yes I've got a bank with Rigs 1, 2 and 3 working. When i copy Rig 3 (or any of those 3) and try to Paste into Rig 4 slot in RM (which is powered ON, comes up as Crunch by default), I get the "Performance not in preview" error message. The little headphones icon is on.

However - when I click to activate a different bank in RM, then go back to the bank that was giving me trouble, NOW the Copy and Paste from Rig 3 to Rig 4 slot works fine. Not sure whats happening.

Ok, it's a few mins later. I'm doing the same exact thing. I've set up bank 4, and I'm copying and pasting Rig 4 into Rig 5 slot in RM. I get the "Performance not in preview" error message.

Now I double click a different bank. The different bank is now active. Now I double click back to the bank I've been working on and the Copy from Rig 4 to Rig 5 works fine. It's a repeatable issue.

Hope this helps.

• Sorry, I didn't follow up on my own post. The problem somehow resolved itself: the next day I tried to do the same thing (after having restarted the KPA, laptop, and Rig Manager in the meantime, and things worked as expected.

So perhaps I was in some strange state, unbeknownst to me.