Effects seem to have stopped working.

• Forgive my ignorance. I can get guitar tone. The drive seems to work yet all profiles except maybe 1 have lost all effects? I’m not sure if I have touched something accidentally?

The line level seems way too loud also?

Any ideas would really be appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation

Johnny

• If you have the toaster, is the Effects button off beneath X, Mod, Delay and Reverb? That would turn off the whole section.

If not, probably should open a support ticket.

• the output section of the Profiler offers several stereo and mono options for each of the outputs. The ones that give you the full signal chain are "Master Stereo" and "Master Mono". F.e. Mod Stereo will not give you any reverb or delay signal.

Do you hear the effects through the headphones output of the Profiler?

In case of doubt, you can use the init globals function on page one of the system menu to reset the global settings to their factory default state. You should hear the full signal chain afterward and the output levels are all set to -12 dB to provide some headroom.

• the init globals function will not delete any of your rigs or performances but only resets the global parameters in the system and output menu back to their default state.

Nevertheless, I would strongly recommend that you create a backup of your Profiler on a USB stick.

Please respond to these questions:

Are you hearing the effects in the headphones?

Which output are you using for monitoring?

• I don’t have any headphones at the moment.

I am currently going out from the main output on the rear to a unpowered Mesa Boogie 2 x 12.

As I mentioned I’ve never had any problems before

• I don’t have any headphones at the moment.

I am currently going out from the main output on the rear to a unpowered Mesa Boogie 2 x 12.

As I mentioned I’ve never had any problems before

passive cabinets need to be connected to the speaker output on the back of a powered Profiler. The Main outputs deliver a line level signal that is not suitable to be used with a passive guitar cabinet.

Make sure to set the output source for the monitor output to Master mono. This value determines the setting for the speaker output.

• Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I have done the reset as you suggested and Boom I am back in business.

Why do you think I had the problem so I can avoid it in the future.

Your help is very much appreciated

• you probably had the monitor output source set to one of the unprocessed signal types. These will give you just the naked guitar tone. The init globals function assigns the master mono output source to the monitor/speaker output.

Create a backup on a USB stick of the current state of your Profiler. If you ever have another issue you can simply restore the backup to get your settings back.