Fender TM FR12 Cab

• Before i got the kab i was running a pair of accugroove javas. Absolute killer frfr and SO lightweight. I loved those alot but really prefer the meat of the 'amp in the room' sound.

Very interesting. I tried a Kab but couldn't get it to work for me. No offense to Kemper, but my Accugroove Latte just destroyed it on every level.

• Very interesting. I tried a Kab but couldn't get it to work for me. No offense to Kemper, but my Accugroove Latte just destroyed it on every level.

Yeah those are outstandingly good for frfr. I just don't like the separate spaced 2/3 way component setup. Prefer a straight axis of the woofer and tweeter which is why I went with the javas. But for me the kab is the only thing that gives me both amp in the room with selectable cabs while still retaining the option to do a full response.

• a comparison between kemper cab and the fr12 would be cool

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• a comparison between kemper cab and the fr12 would be cool

I had a powered Kabinet for a bit, and for a longer period of time I had two Kones (version 1) loaded in my own 112 cabs, then tried a Neo Kone in one of them, all powered by a SD Powerstage 700. I don't have them any longer to do a video comparison, but I wouldn't be able to recreate an accurate representation of what I was hearing in the room as I do not have gear for recording any longer. If I did, it's still not the same as in person imo. I will give my thought's on the two, though it still comes down to personal preference/taste.

The Kabinet sounds decent, but in a side by side comparison I preferred the Kone loaded in my own 112 cab. I wanted something for FR mode that would translate well with the cab/IR within the rig itself, and the Kabinet and Kone never quite did that for me. I found they sounded better when implementing an Imprint, but that wasn't what I was looking for.

The FR12, as a personal monitor, checks all the boxes for me. It translates well from rig to rig, going from a brit style amp with a 4x12 cab, to an ac style amp with a 2x12 cab or a deluxe with a 112 cab. For me personally it gives a very good representation of each amp through the different cab/speaker configurations. And it is as close to being an "amp in the room' that I have experienced so far, and that has been a costly, time consuming endeavor.

Most of the digital units available to guitar players at this time are a welcome compromise, more amp and effect choices in a light weight box than anyone would ever want to lug around themselves, and the audience for the most part couldn't care less what your using as long as it sounds good to them. But as a player that has transitioned from amps, stomp boxes and way to much volume, the digital domain still isn't quite the same, but it's a change worth getting acclimated to.

• i need your help, tomorrow i have the Chance to try out the fr12, but which output settings you prefer with the monitor out Option.

Only the Monitor out flat or with kone Option, in frfr Mode, with extra Bass, with cab Mode.

I know a lot of questions, but i am very thankful for helping responds.

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Kone mode is not appropriate for other FRFR products - you could try it. Kone mode compensates for the non-flat frequency response of the Kone driver. Use the normal monitor out signal.

• I use Main Mono, Kone on (FR mode), Pure Cabinet at 3 and a slight cut on the bass. On the FR 12 I have the high cut at 9 o'clock, the rest depends on the room. Don't forget to tilt back the FR12 if you're nearby.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Hey guys thank you very much for responding. i was so shure that i´ll try out the fr12 tomorrow, and was so shure that the dxr10 is not the right monitor for me.

But today i tweak the dxr10 a little bit in the output sektion for monitor output and now it sounds so awesome that i don´t need the fr12.

My startpoint was to compare the headphonesound with the monitor with an piezo and then tweak the monitor output EQ to the same sound, and this works for the other sound clean, distorted etc. as well. Today I'm happy that I found the right settings for the same sound on my headphones.

if someone is interested, i´d like to share my settings:

Monitor output eq:

bass +1,6

middle +1,8

treble +3,8

presence +2,3

Space 3.0

without kemper kone but monitor stereo (i´ll use monitor out and direct out for stereo)

thanks guys for your time

• true what you say, but it works

Yeah - the ultimate arbiter is the user - if it sounds good, it is good. That's why I said try it. It will not match the original frequency balance like a good studio monitor will but then again, we listen to these things in all kinds of environments with far from perfect acoustics so the end result is often some sort of compromise where we are correcting the top/bottom end to get the sound we need.

• tried the fr12 today at my local store in direct comparison with the dxr12 Yamaha. My thougts. The fr12 sounds darker especially with piezo pickup Sound, but warmer with more room filling sound. Very cool, all knobs at 0, except the cut switch at 12. I realised it later, the turn it to 0, now i get the reported Bad white hiss/noise. So i wait for the next batch and order one. But the Differenzen between dxr and Fr is Not so hughe.