[dillrigs by Thomas Dill] PLAYER Editions out now!

• Hi everybody - Thomas dill here - I would like to announce the release of my first commercial Rig Pack - Bread & Butter - on my new website.

You find it at: www.dillrigs.com

Bread & Butter is the all-rounder Rig Pack – very suitable for top 40 musicians or guitarists who want to offer a wide range of guitar sounds on stage or when recording. The next Rig Packs will focus on a typical musical style: Classic Rock, Blues, Pop…

Here are some basic informations about the concept of the Rig Packs:

The Rig Packs are aimed at anyone who would rather spend their time playing guitar than programming and sorting sounds. Each Rig Pack contains several amp profiles created with Liquid Profiling, always suitable for the respective musical style. In addition to the pure amp profiles with puristic sounds, there are also plenty of “ready-to-rock rigs” with effects so that you can immediately have the right sound for the corresponding style of music. Of course there are also some performances tailored for use on stage.

Here is a short video with some sounds from the Bread & Butter Rig Pack:

dillrigs - Bread & Butter Rig Pack for the Kemper Profiler
    Check out the new Bread & Butter Rig Pack for the Kemper Profiler. Available at www.dillrigs.com.
    youtu.be

Cheers

Thomas

• Looks good Thomas, congrats on your first release.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Hey Thomas.

Looks cool. Some very quick questions please:-

=> what real-world Amp is the " The Value 3100 " (?) description of the Amps tone ? British ? American ? Classic ? Modern ?

=> it reads like there are 6 Liquid Profiles - I presume there is one Liquid Profile for each of the 6 Amps ?

=> are these 6 Liquid Profiles Studio or DI. ?

=> are the 6 Liquid Profiles done via a Load-Box or DI-tapped off the speaker ?

=> are the 6 Liquid Profiles done as per the KPA "recommended" settings of Gain on 10, all EQ's @ 12.00 o'clock ?

Many thanks,

Ben

• Hi Ben,

Here are the answers…

=> what real-world Amp is the " The Value 3100 " (?) description of the Amps tone ? British ? American ? Classic ? Modern ?

The real name is „The Valve 3|100“ - I‘m using the Kemper fake names to not get in trouble 😉. This amp is a Bogner inspired 3-Channel Head from Italy. The Clean Channel is Fender voiced, the Crunch Channel is something between an AC30 and Plexi. And the Lead Channel is a more modern sounding high gain channel. A great and versatile amp.

=> it reads like there are 6 Liquid Profiles - I presume there is one Liquid Profile for each of the 6 Amps ?

No, there are more profiles of each amp. I used different mics (Neumann TLM-103, Royer R-10, SM-57, Beyerdynamic M-160, Sennheiser MD-421). And I profiled each channel of The Valve Amp with these mics. Some Amps have different sounding inputs (Plexi, Tweed) and I profiled them also separately. After profiling I took the mic/cab combinations that sounded best to me and there are at least three different profiles of each amp in the Rig Pack. You‘ll get all the informations on the mics/cabs in the inspector in the rig manager.

=> are these 6 Liquid Profiles Studio or DI. ?

Both! All in all there are 24 studio profiles and 12 direct profiles of these amps.

=> are the 6 Liquid Profiles done via a Load-Box or DI-tapped off the speaker ?

The direct Profiles were done with the Kemper DI placed between the amp and the cab that I used for the studio profiles. Settings on the amp were the same as with the studio profiles.

=> are the 6 Liquid Profiles done as per the KPA "recommended" settings of Gain on 10, all EQ's @ 12.00 o'clock ?

Yes! I profiled all amps with maximum Gain and all the EQ controls in noon position and added the tonestack while profiling (if available for the amp type). After the profiling sessions I tweaked everything to my favorite settings and these are the sounds that you get in the Rig Pack. For the amps that don‘t have a tonestack available (e.g. The Valve) I took one that fits to the character of the amp or the specific channel of the amp.

There is an Info-Sheet with more information on the Rigs downloadable at my website. And here are two videos from the Tones & Talks Podcast where I‘m explaining the Liquid Profiling process and you can hear some of the Profiles from the Bread & Butter Rig Pack.

Cheers, Thomas

KEMPER PROFILER - Tones & Talks - LIQUID PROFILING #1
    Season 2 - KEMPER PROFILER - Tones & Talks. We will wrap this season up with a hands-on discussion of the new Liquid Profiling Technology by Kemper. Liquid P...
    youtu.be

KEMPER PROFILER - Tones & Talks - Liquid Profiling #2
    Season 2 - KEMPER PROFILER - Tones & Talks. We will wrap this season up with a hands-on discussion of the new Liquid Profiling Technology by Kemper. Liquid P...
    youtu.be

• Nice. I will get the second pack just because of the amp with the mysterious 800 in its name ;)

any idea when you will drop it?

Also: thank you for all the videos over the years. They were a huge help to get into the profiler!

• Thanks very much Thomas .... super informative and great response ... your KPA education over the years has been invaluable to me / everyone :)

I've got some shows in the next week so will grab these after that.

That Italian Amp - I am of Italian heritage - sounds like it could be very classic but with its onw unique twists ... which is always better i.m.h.o.

Apologies for my dumbness .... am I right in saying that all up in total, there is a mix of Liquid and Generic profiles (?) and that there are more than 6 Liquid Profiles provided in the pack (?)

I'm a bit slow on this stuff sometimes so hope I have it right this time :)

All the best,

Ben

• Hey Thomas - you weren't kidding about this amp:-

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi Ben,

Yes - that´s the amp!

Sorry… but you‘re wrong this time, too. But maybe it was my explanation, I‘ll try it again 😊:

As I said before, I profiled 6 Amps with Liquid Profiling in different variations - different Mics and Amp Settings (Channel or Input). So there are 24 different Studio Profiles (Amp & Cab) included in this Rig Pack - no other generic profiles. But Profiling was just part one - because these raw profiled Rigs with EQ at noon and maximum Gain are not really useful and need some tweaking. The goal of Liquid Profiling is, that you don‘t need to create different Profiles based on your favorite amp settings. But you need to dial in that settings afterwards.

And that’s part two: Editing and Tweaking. I took these 24 Profiles - tweaked them and also added effects to some of them. The concept is, that you get playable Rigs for various styles where no or at least less editing is necessary. And these are the 80 Rigs (40 Amp & Drive Rigs - 40 Amp & FX Rigs) that are listed in the video and on the website. They are numbered in the Rig Pack from 01 to 80. Number 81 to 92 are the 12 Direct Profiles. And the Rigs in the Performances were also created from the Liquid Profiles. With slightly different settings, optimized for stage use.

I hope that was explained a little better now 😊

Cheers, Thomas

• Nice. I will get the second pack just because of the amp with the mysterious 800 in its name ;)

any idea when you will drop it?

Also: thank you for all the videos over the years. They were a huge help to get into the profiler!

Hi Spotter,

Thanks - I think the Classic Rock Rig Pack should be released in mid-November.

Cheers, Thomas

• Got it. Lots of Liquid profiles pretty much tweaked and ready to go :) !!!

• Hey Thomas !

I'm very happy with the B&B rig pack !

I have a question about Humbuckers/Single coil:

What is your advice to get the best from your rigs with differents pickups ?

Cheers

Gilles

• Theoretically, Liquid Profiles should be pickup agnostic, especially if the profiling amp setting is:

Gain = max; and

The tone controls are all set to 12 o' clock

i.e. a sweet spot wasn't selected based on a specific guitar, which might have been SC or HB.

It should then just be a case of taking a Liquid Profile and tweaking the gain and tone to suit the guitar you are using - like you would for the real amp itself.

Whereas, non Liquid Profiles are snapshots of specific amp settings that the person profiling dialled in (and probably also refined) with a specific guitar. A Strat sounds different to an ES355, so these profiles will be aligned better to the guitar type that was used to set the amp gain and tone. Liquid Profiling (as I understand it) helps remove this link.

If I've misunderstood, it would be useful to hear from the Kemper team with any clarification.