Liquid Profiling - Are LP models necessary for every amp variant?

• Posing this as an honest question - to my understanding, Liquid Profiles provide models of the tone stack and gain structure of different amp archetypes. I know a bit about audio circuit design, and it seems to me that what Kemper has provided already is a pretty comprehensive list of LP models, considering that not every amp model is existence has a unique tone stack or gain structure.

Many are repurposed - Baxandall, James, FMV, etc., or the gain structures of Fender amps with tremolo circuits/bright caps/non-trem inputs, Vox top boost and non-top boost, Marshall jumpered/non-jumpered, etc. A lot of modern amps borrow circuitry from designs that have come before, and change a few values to alter the EQ frequencies or use different ways of biasing tubes to present their unique flavor, so for the purposes of what Liquid models offer, it seems like we can already cover a large scope of the profiled amp landscape.

We've got a lot of the Fender, Marshall, Vox, Mesa variants covered, as well as newer concepts like the Friedman amps. Sure, I'd like to see a Dumble variant or two, and there are those oddball one-offs that I used to like which I wouldn't mind having (Tremoverb Blues channel, Magnatone, Gibson LAB series... I digress) - but I see a lot of interest in Kemper producing more Liquid models for very specific amps that often are pretty close enough to something we already have.

For instance, you could take an existing D13 FTR profile and use the Vox top boost or Fender Bassman Liquid models with it and be pretty square in the ballpark for being able to use the gain and EQ predictably as the physical amp would behave.

That being said, is this too general and broad a view? If we had a thorough library of popular amp gain and EQ topologies, would it be as useful as the demand seems to indicate or would it be splitting hairs that could probably be addressed with other changes elsewhere?

I've been pretty content with slapping a Liquid model of whatever we already have that seems to be the best fit, or addresses some existing problem I find with the profile, but I'm wondering if there's more to what Liquid models are doing on a profile level than I'm understanding.

• Honestly, I don’t know the answer BUT I think you are correct in all you assumptions.

• great question,

i wish there was a list of modern amps like mesa mark series,diezel,bogner,prs extc. with what tone stacks that are already exists in the current LP models can be use with what amp that are similar or identical.

• great question,

i wish there was a list of modern amps like mesa mark series,diezel,bogner,prs extc. with what tone stacks that are already exists in the current LP models can be use with what amp that are similar or identical.

Mesa Mark Series are basically stock Fender 3 knob tonestacks so that is a good starting point.

• i wish there was a list of modern amps like mesa mark series,diezel,bogner,prs extc. with what tone stacks that are already exists in the current LP models can be use with what amp that are similar or identical.

I assume that might get sticky in terms of trademarked brand names and IP. You can sometimes find out where to start with a search for info about the amp - the D13 references I pulled came from their own description of the amp on the website, and there's generally some forum discussing how the amp is built somewhere that might have info to use.