Weird discovery with cabs

• I go back and forth with cabs, but made a weird discovery today. I use the monitor out to a Mission Gemini 2. All this occurred using Rig Manager.

I will audition/use rigs with and without cabinets. Sometimes I just check the "Monitor Cab Off", sometimes I won't check that and turn off or change the cab manually in individual rigs.

Today, I had the "Monitor Cab Off" button lit. Usually, when a profile comes up with a cab, manually turning it on/off makes no change in the sound - expected - sounds like no cab.

One came up with a cab, I chose the cab, turned the Low Cut control, and cut the bass out. Surprised, I would have guessed those controls wouldn't work with cabs disabled in the monitor out section.

I then did the High Cut, and same thing, cut the treble.

Next, I cut the bass completely with the Low Cut control; then I disabled the cab in the profile - and the Low Cut stayed in place, even with "Monitor Cab Off" checked and the Cab disabled in the rig.

This seems like a weird combination of things, but I actually like it for my use. With my speaker/monitor cab, I usually gravitate towards not using cabs or IRs in rigs, but I do like using the Low/High cut to tweak, so I typically put an EQ in one of the slots, mainly just for that.

While this is really good for my use, is this a bug? If so, finding a place that's NOT universal for High/Low Cut without taking up a slot is a good thing for me.

Kind of confusing, I hope I explained it clearly.