Voices (and finger update and milestone).

• Trigger Finger surgery appears to be doing well so far. Doctor said I could practice 10 minutes per day, and then I go full practice in another week. I can almost close my finger all the way but it limps at about 12* from straight up. Still hurts and is still slightly swollen. I've been bored to death in the studio for the last 3 weeks but became a pro at making popcorn. I've also been watching countless youtube tutorials on guitar and mixing while being iced up.

Next week makes 5 years learning guitar. I am super hyped up about that. I had no clue all this would lead me to learning bass, drums, and mixing. It's been almost 3 years owning a Profiler which was one of the best things I ever bought. I think it's time I learn to be a serious player for the next milestone.

I was able to twiddle this mix with my short practices. Forgive my inconsistencies on the harmonic runs. Blame that damn limp finger. This has been my go-to warm-up riff for a while. Critique as usual. Thanks!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks! I picked up two slides and gave it a go... a long way to go. ^^

Sadly I found out I didn't have good pitch and couldn't play slide, pedal steel or violin I need frets. Funny I can sing harmonies and nail the notes no problem no frets there.

Take your time and don't push too hard time heals all.

• Congratulations on the landmark BayouTexan ! You've come a long way in a short time :)

Slide is excellent to learn and very fun, the trouble is you'll almost certainly need to set up a guitar with very high action to get a good sustaining and clean sound from it, otherwise if you're like me and have as low an action as possible you'll just end up with a land of buzz.

• Great track & happy that you can grab the guitar again !

Slide is a great tool , I'd suggest a high action by placing a flat 2 mm piece of wood before fret 1 (after loosening the strings) , retune , no need to setup a guitar this way

I use tonebar instead of slide , much easier for me. I also use an ebow for attack while using slide , or fingers as MS said. Use long verbs & delay and it will sing

• Congratulations on the landmark BayouTexan ! You've come a long way in a short time :)

Slide is excellent to learn and very fun, the trouble is you'll almost certainly need to set up a guitar with very high action to get a good sustaining and clean sound from it, otherwise if you're like me and have as low an action as possible you'll just end up with a land of buzz.

Thanks so much Per! I have moments where I feel like I've gone far and then some where I feel I am falling behind.

I have a guitar that I can afford to raise the action on for that purpose, and maybe do the sock trick too.

• Great track & happy that you can grab the guitar again !

Slide is a great tool , I'd suggest a high action by placing a flat 2 mm piece of wood before fret 1 (after loosening the strings) , retune , no need to setup a guitar this way

I use tonebar instead of slide , much easier for me. I also use an ebow for attack while using slide , or fingers as MS said. Use long verbs & delay and it will sing

Thanks Renaud! I'll do at least one mix with slide for my new year.