Update-Vorschlag

• Liebes Entwickler-Team,

ich wurde hierher verwiesen um einen Verbesserungsvorschlag zu unterbreiten (Der Support bat mich hier dies zu schreiben, da Ihr dies hier beobachtet).

Es geht mir um Folgendes:

In einer Live-Situation bei der z. B. ein Kemper abraucht oder geliehen werden müsste.

Es gibt ja die Möglichkeit sien Backup per Stick aufzuspielen.

Hierzu müsste jedoch der Kemper des anderen (zur Verfügung stellenden Musikers oder Firma) mit meinem Backup überschrieben werden, damit ich alle meine Performance sowie Pedalbelegungen habe (verwende 3 Pedale) und nach dem Gig wieder Rückgängig gemacht werden. (Toll das so was geht aber recht aufwändig.

Wäre es programmiertechnisch doch bestimmt umsetzbar, dass wenn man Performances erstellt und diese Exportiert, die kompletten Einstellungen der Signalkette übernimmt (Sprich alle Pedalbelegungen, Input, alle Outputs mit deren Parametern etc.) abgespeichert werden.

So dass es auch erlaubt wäre, vom USB Stick nicht ein ganzes Backup über einen fremden Kemper zu jagen, sondern einfach diese 1-2 Performance dort in den ja völlig ausreichenden vorhandenen Plätzen zu speichern (was ja aktuell nicht geht).

So müsste nichst überschrieben werden, und 2 Slots sollte ja fast auf jedem Kemper noch frei sein :)

Cool wäre auch wenn man auswählen könnte, ob alle System und Pedaleinstellungen für genau diese beiden Performances übernommen werden sollen oder nicht.

Aber.... sobald der Besitzer seine eigenen Performances aktiviert, sollte es wieder so eingestellt sein, wie er das hat.

Ich hoffe es war einigermaße verständlich geschrieben (sorry schon mal im Voraus)

Liebe Grüße

Jens

• Translation:

Dear developer team,

I was referred here to make a suggestion for improvement (Support asked me to write this here since you are watching this).

My issue is the following:

In a live situation where, for example, a Kemper crashes or needs to be borrowed.

There is, of course, the option of loading a backup via stick.

To do this, however, the Kemper of the other (providing musician or company) would have to be overwritten with my backup so that I have all my performances and pedal assignments (I use 3 pedals) and then undone after the gig. (It's great that this is possible, but quite time-consuming.

It would certainly be feasible from a programming point of view that when you create Performances and export them, the complete settings of the signal chain are saved (i.e. all pedal assignments, input, all outputs with their parameters, etc.).

So that it would also be possible not to chase a whole backup from the USB stick over a foreign Kemper, but simply to save these 1-2 Performances there in the completely sufficient available slots (which is currently not possible).

So nothing would have to be overwritten, and 2 slots should still be free on almost every Kemper :)

It would also be cool if you could select whether all system and pedal settings for exactly these two Performances should be adopted or not.

But.... as soon as the owner activates his own Performances, it should be set back to the way he has it.

I hope it was written reasonably understandable (sorry in advance)

Kind regards

Jens

• I like the idea of having EVERYTHING saved as part of the Performance or Rig including pedal assignments. Kemper have always been against this because it makes sharing rigs unpredictable as each user may have a different setup. However, I am much more interest in the user who created the rig or performance having maximum ease of use/workflow. The ability to share is a side benefit not the main thing to focus on.

• That's true, but if you had a selection button where you could choose whether you only want to take over the performance without pedals etc. or the complete rig with all the information, the matter would be solved.

It would actually be easier and, above all, faster.

To be honest, I wouldn't feel so good if someone overwrote my Kemper and I then had to overwrite it again with my backup. (somehow also cumbersome)

• Another situation and here too a Performance / Settlist export import could be helpfull.

If, like me, you play in different cover bands that have completely different setlists, an export/import function would help. Either in the Kemper or in the Rig Manager.

I have to reassign the performances with the rig manager before every event or rehearsal. Since we have MIDI-controlled program changes for two bands, I sit for up to an hour each time to get everything running again.

Be the force with you ;)

• oh yes, this is annoying :(

I minimized everything on 2 Performances each controled with different morph settings an all my pedals, so I try to keep it as simple as possible,

but I'm nearly dancing with all my buttons and Pedals to control while playing 😂

• Official Post

There are a whole lot of global settings in System Settings and Output Section beyond pedal assignments, which could have sound or user interface implications e.g. Performance Load, Kemper Kone, Rig Autoload, Reference Pitch, Constant Latency, Aux In Mixes, Input Source, Monitor Stereo,... I can imagine scenarios, where users just import Performances into other persons' PROFILERs and are then struggling because the units behave differently than what they are used to. And the reason is any option or preference or selection, which they are not even aware of. I think, that is a rat hole! Please go through the list of global settings and imagine, what could happen.

If you want to be sure, the unit behaves exactly as you would expect, install the same OS which you use at home and restore your entire backup. That takes a few minutes but always leads to predictable results. Otherwise you could be forced to trouble shoot five minutes before your concert.

• Sorry Burkard I have to contradict you. The point here is excactly to import a list performance without changing the routing or other system settings.
    Output settings and system settings should NOT be changed. When I play with someone else's device, its system settings are set exactly to the environment of the device by the owner, and that is exactly what should NOT be changed.
    It would be fatal to import your own backup here and overwrite all settings of the owner.

Be the force with you ;)

• There are a whole lot of global settings in System Settings and Output Section beyond pedal assignments, which could have sound or user interface implications e.g. Performance Load, Kemper Kone, Rig Autoload, Reference Pitch, Constant Latency, Aux In Mixes, Input Source, Monitor Stereo,... I can imagine scenarios, where users just import Performances into other persons' PROFILERs and are then struggling because the units behave differently than what they are used to. And the reason is any option or preference or selection, which they are not even aware of. I think, that is a rat hole! Please go through the list of global settings and imagine, what could happen.

If you want to be sure, the unit behaves exactly as you would expect, install the same OS which you use at home and restore your entire backup. That takes a few minutes but always leads to predictable results. Otherwise you could be forced to trouble shoot five minutes before your concert.

That isa VERY good point 👍