Recording in Ableton via the Kemper USB connection - volume low

• Hi everybody,

I am trying to record into Ableton using the USB connection from my Kemper.

I've got Ableton's audio source set to "Profiler" and I can hear the kemper come through my monitors. However, the volume of the source coming from the Kemper is super low.

I've got some samples loaded in that I got off of Splice and it completely overpowers what the Kemper is giving me. I can crank "Rig Volume" all the way to the top but it seems to make Ableton clip. If I turn the Master Volume there is no effect, it seems to be locked into the highest setting, it just says Main Volume is locked to [0.0db].

Is this a case of just turning down the volume of the tracks that have the splice samples on?

• here is an example of what is happening:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• DAW volume controls the volume of the signal that is coming from the DAW into the Profiler. The Rig volume determines the level of the signal that the Profiler sends to the DAW.

If you do not use the Profiler for monitoring but only as an input device for your DAW you need to activate software monitoring for the track you are recording on and set the monitoring level in the Ableton mixer.