Combining a Kemper rig with another stack chain with PC plugins

• My question is, what should I do to play with a Kemper rig and another amp simulation in the PC at the same time to create a stereo tone? How would I deal with latency, phasing, panning etc?

I've been trying to achieve the John Frusciante tone - it has a lot more to it than it seems, that's why there are so many tone chasers fascinated by it.

Part of the secret is running a slightly overdriven amp in one channel and a cleaner one in another, namely Marshall Silver Jubilee and Marshall Major, respectively. A lot more comes from pedals, especially the CE-1, but for now I'm focusing on amps.

I believe I have gotten really close in the Silver Jubilee side with the kemper. I also made a good enough Marshall Major kemper simulation, but I can only get the stereo sound via reamping. Should I buy another kemper and stack them over each other? Just kidding. I need some suggestions on how to do this with PC plugins, and if possible, which amp simulation would do the trick.

Thanks!

• Official Post

quite often, the biggest factor in the wide sound created with different sound panned left and right is the actual double-tracking.

recording multiple takes of the same part is an art form, but if done correctly it'll create a bigger sound than any reamping or recording two amps simultaneously approach ever can.