Ahhh What's that? A New Kemper Model? Profiler Player

• Ok, anyone sees where to actually change the midi channel on the player ? the manual says in system settings I can't find it

So far I haven't got into anything other than making Program changes (PC toggle) to change Rigs.

Set my controller to Midi channel 1 PC number 0 gives Rig 1-1, PC number 1 gives Rig 1-2, etc.

Using the Luminite Graviton Midi Controllerwith wireless pad on guitar gets me easy midi control. Who needs stomp switches anymore Lol!

• So far I haven't got into anything other than making Program changes (PC toggle) to change Rigs.

Set my controller to Midi channel 1 PC number 0 gives Rig 1-1, PC number 1 gives Rig 1-2, etc.

Using the Luminite Graviton Midi Controllerwith wireless pad on guitar gets me easy midi control. Who needs stomp switches anymore Lol!

lol , thanks I manage to do similar thing using a dpc-5 gen3 from Disasterarea design sadly there's no configuration or support for a lot of the new products matter of I'm wondering if they still in businesss they have updated that dpc for long time now . I was trying to use thru from my eventide h9 but no success .

• kpp+

kemper profiler player plus:)

• I’m wondering if it is possible to use the xlr output as a dry in a wet dry wet setup. If not now maybe a free upgrade?

Manual page 61.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• So far I haven't got into anything other than making Program changes (PC toggle) to change Rigs.

Now that looks interesting! Was thinking of an xsonic airstep, but this is even more compact. Will surely give it a try, once I order my Player.

• The only feature missing in my opinion is an on-off switch. I don’t like having to unplug it every time I walk away.

The lack of screen is no issue at all. Your phone app is much easier to see and use than a screen down on the floor.

• I want to get the rigs from my power rack onto the Player. According to ToneJunkie you can export the rigs in a performance. I'm not seeing anywhere in RigManager how to do this. Any ideas?

edit: nevermind.... I need to click on the rigs when in performance view and then export....and not right-click the entire performance :D

• I want to get the rigs from my power rack onto the Player. According to ToneJunkie you can export the rigs in a performance. I'm not seeing anywhere in RigManager how to do this. Any ideas?

I just went to the Performance tab on the left, select the Performance in that menu that I wanted to draw from, the Performance shows up on the right side of Rig Manager and then I highlighted the rig in the performance I wanted to move and 'copied' and then pasted into the Rig slot of the Player that I wanted it to be in.

I think of the Player as a 'host' for 10 'Performances' one per bank, most of them I have start from clean(ish) in slot 1 going up in gain through to slot 5

I imagine you could do it by 'import' instead of copy/paste but the copy method worked so I quit exploring at that point.

You'll have to do some editing if the Rig you move had effects that aren't available but for most of us that is going to be a quick tweak or two if any at all.

• Hello.

I see some friends here (tonight I share the stage with 2 bands that do the same thing) that make all the changes in their Toasters or Stages with MIDI.

Is it possible with the Player? Any limitation or you can call any rig from the KPlayer with MIDI?

Thank you!

• I have a few questions for those who already own the Kemper Player regarding recording.

1. Does using the Kemper as an audio interface work with Android? Some devices seem to, others don't so it gets confusing
    2. When using the functionality to stream Bluetooth audio do the player, can you record it so both the streamed audio and your playing get recorded? This would be handy for things like quick recordings while practicing to quickly spot mistales
  • You can. You will need an adapter/cable if your midi controller doesn’t have a midi out via USB. Other than that you can easily get any Rig that is on your Player by sending a PC command using number: 0 through 49 on whatever midi channel your Player is set to (default is channel 1 I think)

• The Kemper Player has brought me back to Kemper camp ;) Was a long time Kemper Powered Toaster User and switched to Quad Cortex when it came out solely because of form factor. Now, more or less just out of curiosity I ordered the Player as soon as I heard from it. And now, 5 days into playing it, I realize that this is my way to go.

And when I learned that (hopefully soon) the unit will be upgradeable, I fully support that approach. For the time being I‘ll have to use my Helix Stomp in conjunction with the Player to make up for the missing pitch effects. But I‘ll be happy to shell out another 99EUR to get access to all effects, though I will most likely not make us of another 99EUR upgrade for the option to enable creating profiles on the unit.

Well done, Kemper! You made my life as gigging musician better yet again!

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Kemper Player, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, Orange PPC212, Suhr S.Henderson Strat, Fender Ultra Tele, PRS S2 Custom24, Variax JTV-69

• Well done, Kemper! You made my life as gigging musician better yet again!

Unfortunately not for me.
    There are almost none of my existing rigs I can use. Some I could adjust, some just won't work at all.
    Even with an upgrade to all effects there is still the fact that the way the rigs are organized is completely different and doesn't work with my workflow.
    I have separate performances for every song that I can bring in order for the gigs (what is usually about 35 to 40 songs with 2 rigs each on average)

The structure of the Player is not based on performances so this is more for players with just a few sounds what is not me (I play in cover bands). Together with the missing display, for me useless tuner and just one expression pedal I don't see it for live usage if you use more than a handful rigs.
    I got mine this week and I will wait another week and see if there any announcement how the upgrade would look like but otherwise I will send it back.
    Great product if you start from scratch and play with less than 10 sounds but not even close to replace the bigger units if you play live.

• I think they missed the opportunity to offer kinda like Eventide H9.

The Player with no effects.

The Player + with legacy effects.

The Player Max with all current effect's and morph.

All lower tier models fully upgradable for additional cost.

They could have avoided a lot of negative vibe’s especially with a lower price for the Player only model.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• You can. You will need an adapter/cable if your midi controller doesn’t have a midi out via USB. Other than that you can easily get any Rig that is on your Player by sending a PC command using number: 0 through 49 on whatever midi channel your Player is set to (default is channel 1 I think)

That's very good news. I'm sure that's going to be the way for a lot of people. They can leave the Toaster at home and play live with the Player. And when the upgrades come...

Great!

• This might actually be their exact plan. They hinted at payed upgrades. Just like the H9.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM