Should I buy a Kemper Player as a blind person?

• Hi,
    I always wanted to use a Kemper but the previous models have not been accessible enough and I don't want to spend a lot of money when I cannot use lots of features of a device.

Now, I'm reading about the Kemper Player and I wonder if this might work for me.

To me it sounds like the Kemper Player has haptic controls and no or very little menus. But how about the software? Is it accessible with screen readers?

Any information would be very helpful. I have no vision so I use Apples build-in screen reader VoiceOver on iOS and Mac and NVDA under Windows.

Thank you!

• Yes the toaster has some very nice setup for dialing an amp , just like the regular thing. So it's easy to build of tone just for you. as for FX , it's direct with the upper row for fxes.

However , I would suggest a remote just to switch from rig to rig by foot switches, as the toaster uses a knob to browse rigs.

You should open a ticket to support , they probably have some previous experience with similar demands.

• Yes the toaster has some very nice setup for dialing an amp , just like the regular thing. So it's easy to build of tone just for you. as for FX , it's direct with the upper row for fxes.

However , I would suggest a remote just to switch from rig to rig by foot switches, as the toaster uses a knob to browse rigs.

You should open a ticket to support , they probably have some previous experience with similar demands.

Thank you. Is it possible to open a ticket without owning a product? I can't find an option to do so.

• I got a very short reply from Kemper saying that there is no screen reader support yet. This does not sound promising so I'll once more stick to the lower quality equipment (ME-90 etc).

Guess we're still in the 90ths when it comes to accessibility. If your eyes aren't performing well enough, please stay away from modern profilers/modelers. They are only made for real musicians. :D

• I got a very short reply from Kemper saying that there is no screen reader support yet. This does not sound promising so I'll once more stick to the lower quality equipment (ME-90 etc).

Guess we're still in the 90ths when it comes to accessibility. If your eyes aren't performing well enough, please stay away from modern profilers/modelers.

Sorry to hear that.

They are only made for real musicians. :D

I reckon this guy might be a REAL musician 😆

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This one as well

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• You would potentially need assistance only for the initial setting/programming of the unit, and this can be done in remote (screen or session sharing with Microsoft Teams or similar). Happy to help you if you decide to go for it.

• This one as well

I immediately thought of him too but went with Stevie as he’s still alive and could undoubtedly do amazing things with a Profile Player. Jeff would have sounded epic with one too. Saw him live once in Glasgow he was the real deal.

• I immediately thought of him too but went with Stevie as he’s still alive and could undoubtedly do amazing things with a Profile Player. Jeff would have sounded epic with one too. Saw him live once in Glasgow he was the real deal.

Unfortunately I never had the chance to see him live, but always loved his playing, incredible talent