Horizon Drive Doesnt Sound Right To Me.

• Ive been watching and listening to a lot of videos of the horizon precision drive. Both one with high gain and low gain settings. They all sound great but when I try and use the kemper version it sounds nothing like the pedal to me. Im basically running it into the liquid JTM 45 profile at a clean setting. Im always hearing a clean dry signal coming through the tone even with the gain set at 10 on the drive pedal. I hear the gain in the background with the clean fattening up the signal. I have the mix at 100% so that isnt the issue. Has anyone else noticed this when attempting to use this drive pedal in the Kemper?

Edit: I realize the horizon is just settings within the kemper drive. Im now noticing that im getting this clean signal only on the Kemper drive. All settings and all presets. Way different that the FULL OC for example. No clean dry signal coming through with this drive pedal.

Thanks

Edited once, last by Amcolan ().

• I believe is intentional.

From the Kemper Drive description in the main Manual.:

The main technical properties were, in contrast to distortion pedals, a soft diode saturation coupled with the clean guitar signal mixed to the saturated sound – this lead to them being known by the somewhat misleading name "transparent overdrive".

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Kemper Drive is based on Boss OD-1 und Ibanez Tube Screamer TS 808. Main Manual says: "The main technical properties were, in contrast to distortion pedals, a soft diode saturation coupled with the clean guitar signal mixed to the saturated sound – this lead to them being known by the somewhat misleading name "transparent overdrive".

I don't know, whether the original pedal is constructed in this way. Please check it out.

Also check "Clarity" in Amp-Section.

• Kellerblues is correct. The Kemper Drive is modelled on the Tube Screamer style circuit (as are all of the OD models with presets such as Klon, Blues Driver, Full Drive etc) whereas other OD effects like the Full OD are based on totally different circuits. The TS style circuit includes a portion of clean signal as part of its design. You can’t get rid of it on the real pedals either. As a result these OD pedals are designed to work with an already overdriven (or at least on the edge of breakup) amp rather then clean. The little bit of clean signal pushes the amp without making it too muddy. This means they don’t really sound their best with a clean amp. It’s just the way they were designed.