Editing third-part profiles with the Player

• Happy new 2024 everyone :)

Maybe this is trivial, but not owning the Player it escapes me.

1. AFAICT RM's editor won't start when no device is connected.
    2. Early Player users tell me that when a Player is connected RM only shows the 4 available fx slots.
    3. Unless I am overlooking the obvious, this seems to imply that a Player user can never see a third-part rig (from the rig Exchange for example) as it was conceived, and can't for example decide which fx to sacrifice/select, since the Player will always import Stomps 1/2 and Effects 3/4 only.

What am I missing?

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• The Player can only bring up 2 fx before, and 2 fx after the amp. From an "original" Rig by the Rig Exchange with, let's say 4 fx before and 4 fx after the amp, the Player load's the first two Slots from this Rig, but only, If these fx are available in the Player. And Slot 3 & 4 will load in Delay and Reverb, also if these are available in the Player. If this is not the case, the Player will be load an empty block.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• The Player can only bring up 2 fx before, and 2 fx after the amp. From an "original" Rig by the Rig Exchange with, let's say 4 fx before and 4 fx after the amp, the Player load's the first two Slots from this Rig, but only, If these fx are available in the Player. And Slot 3 & 4 will load in Delay and Reverb, also if these are available in the Player. If this is not the case, the Player will be load an empty block.

Not sure how to interpret your post. You've basically repeated what I wrote, and did not answer my question?

• Yes - you can edit rigs with the Player. The feature set is limited compared to the larger units. But through the iOS/Android app or RM on Win/Mac - yes. You are able to edit rigs.

You do not need one of the bigger brothers to do so.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Yes - you can edit rigs with the Player. The feature set is limited compared to the larger units. But through the iOS/Android app or RM on Win/Mac - yes. You are able to edit rigs.

You do not need one of the bigger brothers to do so.

Well, I am starting to think I was not clear in the OP at all.

I'll try and rephrase my question.

I think that if you own the Player only and d/l a rig say from the RE (but from you computer as well), you will never be able to see all the 8 original fx. So you'll never know how it was made.

Is the above correct?

• Well, I am starting to think I was not clear in the OP at all.

I'll try and rephrase my question.

I think that if you own the Player only and d/l a rig say from the RE (but from you computer as well), you will never be able to see all the 8 original fx. So you'll never know how it was made.

Is the above correct?

This is where looking at the manual helps.

No, you cannot see unsupported slots.

This is what the Player screen in RM looks like:

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• This is where looking at the manual helps.

I've read the manual, although I didn't strictly need to since as I wrote I don't own a Player. I couldn't find any explicit reference to the fact that unless you edit a rig with a previous version of the Profiler you lost any notion of a rig's original fx set; and, the RM screenshot on the manual show 4 fx slots only, hence my doubt and my question.

Weird that no-one finds this to be a critical point.

• Weird that no-one finds this to be a critical point.

I agree, I have not seen much discussion on this. Would be cool of you could see ALL of the FX in RM, but only have 4 selected at a time. So you could ignore the ones that dont change the main sound.

But the KPP is missing some of the effects themselves, so you cant really use a profile if it depends on certain things for tone. What happens in RM when you hit those pedals in a Rig?

The KPP should be thought of as an AMP PEDAL only? All of the other bells and whistles are extras? I would not put much money down for profiles that dial in a certain sound and rely on FX to do it.

• I agree, I have not seen much discussion on this. Would be cool of you could see ALL of the FX in RM, but only have 4 selected at a time. So you could ignore the ones that dont change the main sound.

But the KPP is missing some of the effects themselves, so you cant really use a profile if it depends on certain things for tone. What happens in RM when you hit those pedals in a Rig?

The KPP should be thought of as an AMP PEDAL only? All of the other bells and whistles are extras? I would not put much money down for profiles that dial in a certain sound and rely on FX to do it.

As I got it, when the type of one effect on the original rig is not available in the Player, it gets substituted with one of the same type.

It might be appropriate if RM showed all the fx of the original rig, greying out the unavailable slots but allowing to drag them. This way, the user could at least decide what to use and what to discard.

As for the bells and whistles, I got that the Player is able to be upgraded via sw, so chances are that more options will be unlocked... let's wait and see :)

• As I got it, when the type of one effect on the original rig is not available in the Player, it gets substituted with one of the same type.

It might be appropriate if RM showed all the fx of the original rig, greying out the unavailable slots but allowing to drag them. This way, the user could at least decide what to use and what to discard.

As for the bells and whistles, I got that the Player is able to be upgraded via sw, so chances are that more options will be unlocked... let's wait and see :)

Great suggestion I think.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM