Use MIDI OUT from USB MIDI

• Hello, i wanna know if you can route something to the physical MIDI Out port in the Kemper Head using USB MIDI. I want to send program changes for the performances but use a separate midi device sending though my Kemper.

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

• Hello,

I'm not sure if I understand your goal correctly.

Are you wan't to send program changes from your computer through your additional audio Interface into the kemper?

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• No, i have Program changes that i sent out via Physical midi cable before, but now i use the USB Midi with the new OS. I am wondering if i can route something from the daw to the Midi out port in the back of the Kemper to send stuff to another thing.

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

• Yes, that should work. You connect your Kemper to the computer using a USB cable. This gives you Midi via USB. Then connect the Midi Out of the Kemper to the Midi In of your second device with a standard Midi cable. Now you have to create two Midi tracks in your DAW for the Kemper and the second device and assign them the Midi channel on which it should send data. You also have to set the Midi channel on the Kemper and the second device on which this data should be received. Also remember that you have to create the second device in the Kemper including the midi channel in the Kemper system settings. Dan Legatt shows good instructions for this by connecting an HX Stomp to his Kemper and controlling it via Midi. Just remember that you make the first connection between your computer and the Kemper using a USB cable. I hope that this will help you.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes, that should work. You connect your Kemper to the computer using a USB cable. This gives you Midi via USB. Then connect the Midi Out of the Kemper to the Midi In of your second device with a standard Midi cable. Now you have to create two Midi tracks in your DAW for the Kemper and the second device and assign them the Midi channel on which it should send data. You also have to set the Midi channel on the Kemper and the second device on which this data should be received. Also remember that you have to create the second device in the Kemper including the midi channel in the Kemper system settings. Dan Legatt shows good instructions for this by connecting an HX Stomp to his Kemper and controlling it via Midi. Just remember that you make the first connection between your computer and the Kemper using a USB cable. I hope that this will help you.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

if i wanted to do similar to the video using a Kemper player and the HX Stomp - would it be better to use one of the L/R outs (or the main out)on the KPP into the HX stomp FX returns (or doesn't it matter), the send would then go to the KPP guitar in???

• Hi sfa_100 Do you mean 4 cable method?

You would do it like this:

- Guitar into HX Stomp Input

- Send from HX Stomp into KPP Input

- I would now use the Monitor Output from KPP L+R to come back stereo into the Return of HX Stomp

- HX Stomp Output stereo to FOH or Mixer etc.

If you prefer mono, than simply use the left Monitor Output from the the KPP to left Return from the HX Stomp.

Edited once, last by Bakersounds ().