Headphone out compared to Kone Kabinet?

• That’s dependant on the headphones.

All I can really contribute is the legacy profilers have excellent headphone out, whether the player has the same I don’t know.

I personally like open back headphones, the AKG K70# series is my personal go to and in my opinion translate to my Kab well.

The Kab is mono though so there will be that difference.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Thank you, that makes sense. I was hoping to put together a few performances and was limited with my options surrounding "making lots if noise" (aka, using a Kabinet). I'll take that into consideration and see how it goes.

• It would be basically impossible to answer this question. Not only because each pair of HPs sounds differently, but also because every speaker usually sounds in an environment that heavily contributes to generate the tone that finally hits our ears.

How many times a boominess issue is solved only moving a cab away from a corner or a wall, or just raising it on a chair?

In the case of HPs, the room is the user's ear. So not only each pair of HPs has got its own sound like any cab, but not two users will hear the same sound wearing it.

I had saved this post from a former member of this forum which I found enlightening. HTH :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Thanks for that. interesting article. So in your opinion, it's a difficult task using headphones as a 'real time/environment' reference when compiling performances on the Kemper for live use with a Kabinet?

• Different speakers….different sounds…..different adjustments to get what you want.

What I’ve found is my headphones (Sony MDR-7506) work well enough to get a good sound live where I play most often. Some sounds end up bassier live….but I’ve learned to compensate.

All of that may change if the room/PA etc change.

You will *never* get the same sound in headphones as you would with a Kabinet. The Kone speaker removes the mic from the equation. Something headphones cannot do.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I'm using BD DT770's with calibration software (coming out of an interface) and find you get a pretty good reference to how the tone would sound through a cab.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thank you!

• Thanks for that. interesting article. So in your opinion, it's a difficult task using headphones as a 'real time/environment' reference when compiling performances on the Kemper for live use with a Kabinet?

Very much, unless you are quite experienced with the HPs and have learned how they translate.

This is not something related to the Kabinet, it's that speakers and the... room are so different that it would be like playing your venue's PA in your sleeping room (or the other way round) :)

But, as I said, learning a pair of HPs and a cab will in time bring you to know what to do.

HTH

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• I have powered cab which I like but playing with headphones (Sennheiser HD 650) I don't like. The sound is like digital and "weak" and I guess too much like speaker really sounds listening very close. But I have read that many people like to play through headphones so I guess those HD 650 just aren't the best option and I need to test some other headphones.