Kemper Player: Bluetooth page-turner support

• Hi all, It would be great and a significant addition to the Player functionality to be able to use bluetooth page-turner devices (and indeed devices yet to be invented/made) to step back and forth between rigs, turn stomps on/off, etc.

• I’ve got an AirTurn Bt500S which I’ve programmed to act as a page turner and sustain pedal for a small portable midi controller.

It’s very easy to program the AirTurn pedals to transmit CC and the like. I may try my CME WIDI UHOST in the KPP USB A port. I imagine this would work.

• I’ve got an AirTurn Bt500S which I’ve programmed to act as a page turner and sustain pedal for a small portable midi controller.

It’s very easy to program the AirTurn pedals to transmit CC and the like. I may try my CME WIDI UHOST in the KPP USB A port. I imagine this would work.

But the amount of bits of gear is mounting, which for me defeats the object.

• Understand that. The Stage is a very complete solution. The Player is on a very different level.

I happen to own a lot of MIDI gear (but not guitar pedals), so controlling the Player via MIDI may not be a huge challenge, if I choose to take it on.

• Given its size, I think MIDI over Bluetooth would be a great addition. Assuming that's possible. Despite Bluetooth audio streaming being supported, that doesn't necessarily mean MIDI could be added there. But they did add MIDI over USB....so.....

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• OMG that would make it so easy to connect an iPad and a pedal!

Please include MIDI routing between connected devices so a pedal can interact with an app like Camelot Pro, BandHelper or forScore and turn pages or activate next song/scene, as well as control effects.

• I'm using a WIDI Bud Pro USB-Stick in the player. It's small and send Midi Messages from my iPad and Airstep Lite to the player. Also Page Turn from Airstep to iPad works.

Kemper Profiler Player with Power Cabinet

• I think this is the answer I’ve been looking for (for literally hours yesterday). I need my iPad to send midi to the KPP to change patches I associate with Songs I’ve loaded into a set list in BandHelper. Step on my PageFlip Firefly wireless pedal to change the song (patch) on the KPP. This should free up the Lightning jack to send the audio I’ve programmed BandHelper to play when the page (Song) turns (pedal is activated), to my in-ear transmitter. Sound logical?

• Hm, I have a different setup with my Airstep.
    There are two bluetooth connections from my iPad. One to the Airstep to send Midi Commands over it to KPP. And another to KPP to play audio over Blutooth. (So the iPad is wireless.)
    The Widi Bud Stick is in the USB-A Slot of the KPP. Over this connection between Airstep and KPP is estabilshed.

In my opinion it should be possible with a lightining cable between KPP and iPad. Over this there might be audio playback and Midi Commands possible.
    And you can use your PageFip Firefly to navigate to the song sheets and over BandHelper sending correspodending Midi Commands...

I did a test. Unfortunately my both iPads says that no charging is possible.
    And also sending Midi Commands over the cable are not recognized by KPP.

Perhaps I need an additional Midi Software on iPad?

I do not know...

I found another Forum entry about charging an iPad. The USB-A port delivers 500mA. Enough for using an iPad, but not charging at the same time. While display switched off, iPad will be charged.

But no recomendation yet, how to send Midi commands over Lightning cable.

Kemper Profiler Player with Power Cabinet

Edited 2 times, last by gstrotmann ().