Changing Gain via Midi

• Hi, I have the new Player and want to change the rig amplifier gain with a Midi footboard.
    The rigs are with different liquid amp profiles.
    At this point I'm sending values from 0 to 53 on CC72 and see an inexplicable behaviour for me.

For example:

I'm sending '0' to set gain to minimum.

In one rig, gain level changed to 0. In anthoter to 2.6 and a further one to 3.2

And using '60' results in most rigs max gain level.

So I'm actual using a smaller value. But this give me also different gain values in different rigs.

Can anyone explaine me why it is so?
    And is there a way to change gain level over different rigs in the same way (perhaps 0 -> gain zero, 127 -> gain max)?

Many thanks in advance.

Kemper Profiler Player with Power Cabinet

• I think you are experiencing the difference between Amp Gain in liquid profiles and Generic Gain which affects all rigs. The amp gain only covers the range of gain the actual profiles amp was capable of. However, this is usually a narrower range than the Kemper's Generic Gain can cover.

Thanks Alan for you hint.
    But must be Amp Gain=zero not equal on every Amp? If some rigs starts with Amp Gain Level 2.6 resulting of CC72 with 0
    What does it mean, when I manually turn the potentiometer down? I use the Rig Amp 'cleaner' than his technical original?

Kemper Profiler Player with Power Cabinet

• Thanks Alan for you hint.
    But must be Amp Gain=zero not equal on every Amp? If some rigs starts with Amp Gain Level 2.6 resulting of CC72 with 0
    What does it mean, when I manually turn the potentiometer down? I use the Rig Amp 'cleaner' than his technical original?

Basically that means that even the cleanest sound the profiled amp could produce was still distorted a little and the Kemper recognised that it wasn’t a totally clean sound but rather equal to 2.6 on the Kemper’s scale.