Profiler Player USB MIDI control via HX FX help

• Enjoying my first Kemper foray with the Player. However, I'm trying to control the unit from the HX FX (like I do with my Tonex, shhh...) with little success.

I've got USB Midi enabled on the HX and using a USB-B (HX FX) to Player USB-A. Tried CC, Bank PC etc without luck. Tried the manuals but they're not helping either, using Base MIDI channel.

Anyone managed to try this combo, or advise my stupidity on midi settings?

I've attached the dump of the USB Descriptor.

Settings on HX are:

Command: Midi CC

Midi Ch: 1 or Base

CC# 53 (to select slot 4 for this test)

Value: 1

This does nothing...

I'd also like to ultimately sync the tap tempo once the other control works.

Thanks!

• So, to update, it seems HX to Kemper direct from USB simply doesn't work (would still be interesting to see if Kemper can tell me why not given the info above). I bought a USB to Midi DIN adapter and this is largely working. I have another issue which I'll post in a separate thread.

• Hi - I was trying CC for enabling fx and PC for rigs. Neither work. I've now A/B'd using the direct USB vs the USB to DIN with ones I know work - the direct USB between the 2 simply doesn't work (yes, USB is enabled in Global HX settings, currently set to "both")

Still happy to try other recommendations! I just started another thread with issues now that some stuff is working

• Just don't have the correct "gender" and type available to do from my PC...just the captures above. I suspect it's an incompatibility with the HS USB out.

?? you don't have a cable to connect your HX to the PC, but you *do* have a cable to connect the HX to the Player? that puzzles me? (because that would be the exact same type of cable in both cases !)

when the HX is a USB-class MIDI device, it should be able to connect the HX to the Player by using a standard USB A<->B cable (sometimes called a 'USB printer cable') In that case the Player should act as a USB-MIDI host to the HX.

note: from the descriptor-dump you posted, it appears that the HX should do class-compliant MIDI, so it should work tm

• Hi, thanks for the reply.

Cables - I understand from the documentation is that the Player only accepts midi on the USB-A port. So, I'm using a USB-B (from Helix) to USB-A (|Player) to connect. I don't have a USB-A to USB-A cable to connect the player A port to my PC. If I can try the other way (via the Player's USB-B port) then it's easy, not tried it but manual suggested it was the A port only.

No-one is replying on my other thread, so now that I have it working via my USB to DIN cable, I have CC's working as expected but not PC for loading rigs:

For some reason, with these settings I can only move through Bank 10...

Command: BankPC

Midi CH: 1/Base

CC00: Off

CC32: Off

Prog: e.g. 5 (Bank 10 Rig 4) or 4 (Bank 10 Rig 3)

If I increase the value of Prog - it always simply moves through Bank 10 only in a never-ending loop. I've also tried different CC values other than "Off" without any change. Even if I start in a different Bank, it always move to Bank 10.

Help appreciated!

• The Player does USB midi on BOTH USB ports !

it is a very uncommon feature of an instrument to have USB-midi host capabilities, but which the Player has !

Player usb A = host for others (footcontrollers etc.)

Player usb B = device to PC / Mac / tablet etc.

an USB A to USB A cable is highly suspicious, and unclear what that would be (connectiong two USB hosts? Do not use such a cable (ever)

you need a simple USB A <-> B cable. If the HX isn't working that way, it is either not configured to send-out data through that port, or it doesn't behave as a proper USB midi device... or something else.

• Ah thanks! The manual says otherwise - get them to update it :)

Yes, I agree, an A to A is not a good plan, thus I was using a B to A from Helix (it only has USB-B) to Player - the debug attached above came from the very cable I've plugged into the Player and it doesn't work...I'm still confident I'm doing something wrong...

Any luck on my second query?