Line 6 wireless problems with Powerrack.

• Hi

I'm

A bass player using a power rack

I had band rehearsal last night and I'm having a problem using it with my Line6 wireless. It sounds like there is a bad cable and connection. Lots of static and generally the sound of a bad cable. I thought it must be a bad cable but I tried changing cables to the wireless and it's still happening.

I went back to using my old bass head and the problem went away. Everything sounded fine.

That makes me think there is something in the Kemper causing interference.

Please help.

• Yesterday I received the new Kemper Player, and I tryed to dasychain it with the Boss WL50 to have only one power cable going around. Hissing and noise everywhere. I know that not isolated power sources produce this hissing and noise problems, but in this case I found them really heavy. Is it possible your problem is conceptually similar?

• Kudos to the guys at Kemper. They got right back to me with suggestions. I think I got it working (I think it was actually the cable. ) I'll find out at the next gig.

• Yesterday I received the new Kemper Player, and I tryed to dasychain it with the Boss WL50 to have only one power cable going around. Hissing and noise everywhere. I know that not isolated power sources produce this hissing and noise problems, but in this case I found them really heavy. Is it possible your problem is conceptually similar?

It sounds like you might be ending up with too little power. Digital pedals sometimes create problems with too little power. However, the main thing is that they really need an isolated connection. I remember when I started building my old pedal board which had an RJM Mastermind PBC10 switcher, Strymon Modius and Strymon Timeline. The digital noise was horrific. It was only then that I learned about isolating power to digital pedals. It was a hard and expensive lesson as I had already decided to use the GigRig modular power system. I ended up needing to buy an isolator and two separate high current adapters.

• Thanks for your post. I have a very similar situation: Kemper Player with WIFI on: Drop-outs when using a Line 6 sender system (on *all* channels). Switching off Kemper WIFI solves the problem as well as replacing sender with cable. However, during soundcheck adjusting Kemper sounds (EQ etc.) to the venue would be really helpful. Any ideas how both devices can work together?

• Both line6 and boss bug wireless systems use the same uhf frequencies as wifi (2.4g/5g). In fact most consumer grade wireless systems today use those same ranges. Any devices that use wireless should be distanced by at least a few feet from each other in order to prevent interference/dropouts. For the line6, since you are able to choose a specific channel to operate on within that 2.4g range, you might try finding one that doesn't interfere, but there's no guarantee since most venue wifi (and home wifi) will jump channels based on whatever connections they are trying to accommodate. (at home I use a boss wl50 and it gives dropouts unless I separate the wireless from any wifi device by about 4 feet, even small things like my phone) Your best bet would be to go uhf (anything but 2.4 and 5ghz) though as venues can be hit or miss. Shure makes some good stuff that isn't too over the top pricey.

Edited 4 times, last by dfdfan ().