It Ain't the Same

• Kind of a lame riff but I wanted to try and get a good mix for referencing with my latest studio setup. I also wanted to see how overlaying opposing arpeggios sounded over a bass. I double-tracked my G&L tele totally dry with zero effects (I'm not crazy about just relying on guitar and amp tone like this). This tele is extremely bright compared to what I am used too. Nonetheless, a good lesson learned.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Good stuff Larry. I like the dry sound, it is pretty transparent, I can hear all instruments well in the mix. Nice breaks as well, that makes it more lively than some of your (much) older tunes :thumbup: 8)

• Good stuff Larry. I like the dry sound, it is pretty transparent, I can hear all instruments well in the mix. Nice breaks as well, that makes it more lively than some of your (much) older tunes :thumbup: 8)

Thanks deadman! The dry tone did make it easier to separate the instruments which is what I was hoping for on this mix. I guess I just need play more dry and get accustomed to it.

• Dry tones, well I like 'em a lot , they are so easy to mix. I tend to use tele tones for overdubs as they won't invade the mix in lots of contexts , rock , pop , funk, chorused lines ...

The other option on the tele is blues, country but you have to build up a 'mix cutting' tone with attitude, mainly in the crunch register, like D Gatton. Here is a KPA example ( using filtertrons)

Tele have that bite & twang , you must get used to it and know how to attack the strings hard to let them shout : thin , but present , twangy but definitely recognizable

check that KPA user , he nailed it pretty well , you're not very far judging from your demo that I liked.

Here is another from me , whenI was a junior tele layer , with an humble stock squier thinline ( rigs available on the thread)

• This! LOL. Thanks Renaud! It will definitely take me some time getting used to the Tele.

• Kind of a lame riff but I wanted to try and get a good mix for referencing with my latest studio setup. I also wanted to see how overlaying opposing arpeggios sounded over a bass. I double-tracked my G&L tele totally dry with zero effects (I'm not crazy about just relying on guitar and amp tone like this). This tele is extremely bright compared to what I am used too. Nonetheless, a good lesson learned.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nicely done. Keep building on rhythmic complexity.