Shoegaze loves Kemper too!

• Hey all šŸ˜Š I've had a Kemper for a while now but really only used it for its most basic features. I need heavy saturated gain for shred stuff and didn't want to buy big loud tube amps to get it. But my band of the past year now is very shoegaze/slowcore inspired and the Kemper has been perfect for helping me get a lot of cool sounds. I finally have been exploring midi setups and the morph pedal. This forum is so helpful, and I expect to be using it a lot more as I continue to dive into the depths of the Kemper system.

My current set up is a powered head which I run stereo into PA. I still us a couple analog pedals, but mostly use and Airstep Lite with a cheap Bluetooth midi dongle I just got from Amazon for all my modulation and time-based effects. All routed through Audiobus 3. Its a decent cheap alternative to the remote or even just Widi accessories, I'm still a university student (electrical engineering) and have to be rocking on a budget!

Any profile recommendations for cool/weird slightly gritty amps for the genre are appreciated btw! (Think like Blue Smiley, Knifeplay, Tanukichan style sounds if you know 'em)

Images

šŸ¤–Kemper Powered Profiler Head (always searching for that perfect amp profile)

šŸ’•Guitarist for Yes Dear @yesdearband Shoegaze-y slowcore-y sad girl indie musicšŸ’•

• Hello and Welcome āœŒļø

There are a lot of cool profiles coming with the kemper and Rig Manager (Rig Packs).

What kind of Amps (profiles) do you usually use?

Rig Exchange is also cool to explore new profiles.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• Bakersounds my main tube amp is an EarthQuaker Devices Sound Projector 25. I have used this for recording, it is loud with tons of headroom and just the tiniest smidge of grit at large volumes. But I'm really interested in finding some profiles that replicate some odd tube or solid state amps that are maybe more gritty. I've been finding that typical amps have a much smoother gain if that makes any sense? I don't need smooth or saturated gain, just something with a lot of character like Traynor, Ampeg, Sunn and Peavey amps. I would love to find something kind of like a Peavey Decade.

šŸ¤–Kemper Powered Profiler Head (always searching for that perfect amp profile)

šŸ’•Guitarist for Yes Dear @yesdearband Shoegaze-y slowcore-y sad girl indie musicšŸ’•

• There are free profiles of some unusual amps at https://forgotten-amps.weebly.com/

Many reviews of them are in this thread: