Profiling amps with built in IR loaders

• I'm planning on profiling my Mesa Badlander and had a thought about profiling directly out from amps with built in IR loaders into the Kemper without a DI box. Since the Badlander has a built in cabclone IR simulator and doesn't need to be connected to a cab in order to function, could you profile the Badlander via the amp's XLR out into the Kemper without damaging either amp?

Chain would be something like:
    Guitar > Kemper > Kemper DI > Mesa BL > Mesa BL XLR > Kemper XLR return

• Yes this should work.

Why you wanna use Kemper Di? I think you can connect directly to Mesa BL.

But you have to try how good are the results of profiling with the IRs of the Mesa BL.

• Yes this should work.

Why you wanna use Kemper Di? I think you can connect directly to Mesa BL.

But you have to try how good are the results of profiling with the IRs of the Mesa BL.

In order to profile the amp wouldn't the Kemper DI need to be the amp input in order to send the profiling signal? Worth a shot either way! One nice thing about the BL is that it can store 10 IRs at a time. Hopefully that should make comparing profiled IRs simple

• I thought that Kemper Di is needed when you will only do a profile of the amp without profiling the the cabinet.

But in your case your amp have an internal load and you can go directly in the amp and using the xlr out of the Amp.

• I still use (almost exclusively) my Marshall JMP1 preamp profiles, made directly from the cab emulated outputs.

So it’s perfectly doable.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.