Kemper Stage Head phone signal is "more saturated with effects" than the main signal - what to do?

• Hi,

The head phone signal on my Kemper Stage seems to be giving me effects only - or definitely more saturated with effects than the main signal. This makes the head phone signal useless to me which is of course unfortunate.

I have seen this thread being posted before without a definite solution, so I am asking again if anyone knows how to solve this. ?

Both my Main Output and Monitor Output are set to master stereo.

Thanks in advance :)

Thomas

• Have you investigated the Space parameter that's applied to the headphone out?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• the headphone output will always deliver the Master Stereo output source.

As Ruefus already stated the difference could be caused by the Space effect that is activated for the headphones by default. You can either activate it for all outputs or turn it down for the headphone output if you find that it is adding too much ambiance.

If you still encounter the issue please try a different pair of headphones or if you use an adapter try a different one. Maybe the one you are currently using is causing some phase issues which can potentially cause a misbalance between the dry and wet signal ratio.

• the headphone output will always deliver the Master Stereo output source.

As Ruefus already stated the difference could be caused by the Space effect that is activated for the headphones by default. You can either activate it for all outputs or turn it down for the headphone output if you find that it is adding too much ambiance.

If you still encounter the issue please try a different pair of headphones or if you use an adapter try a different one. Maybe the one you are currently using is causing some phase issues which can potentially cause a misbalance between the dry and wet signal ratio.

Ok, I will try a different pair of head phones. Thanks

• I have tried to toggle on/off. The problem remains.

there is no toggle on/off option for the Space effect. Maybe you are confusing that with the Space/Headphones only option? That controls if the space effect is also present at the other outputs. To turn the space effect off you need to turn the value dial all the way to the left for the space parameter.

• I know what this is :). The stage headphone output plug is slightly of spec, so with some plugs it short circuits and you only get the "side" signal. Try pulling out the headphone plug slightly. Like 1 mm. or less.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM