How to import IRs and Lock preset blocks

• Hey guys… I’ve 2 questions on my Kemper Player.

1) How do you import IRs? Mine is greyed out. I’ve watched a YouTube video in the past where the guy showed it’s so easy to add your own cabs to the preset.

2) how do you lock your preset block? for example, I’ve got a cab sound I like and I want to scroll through some tones while keeping(locking) the same cabs.

• I'm not sure if it's the same as on the bigger brothers, but if so, this should give you the answer to load IR's.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• I'm not sure if it's the same as on the bigger brothers, but if so, this should give you the answer to load IR's.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh cool. Thanks for sharing. This might be a work around to have my IRs as presets. I’m going to do that for now. But I guess I’ll still like to find a way to import IRs from the drop down file menu. I thought it’ll be much nicer to have my fav IRs as a preloaded IR within the Kemper player.

And then the lock feature for me to lock in 1 IR and preview my list of amp tones.

• Oh that makes sense. But sad that they don’t have a basic feature like this available for the player.

Add it in the feature request section of the forum. When I asked if it was a bug, something that hadn’t been implemented yet but would be in the next update I was told it was intentional and that I was the only person who was asking for it anyway. It does seem like an oversight to me unless they are already working on a replacement methodology for Lock on all machines but I don’t think that’s very likely.

• Add it in the feature request section of the forum. When I asked if it was a bug, something that hadn’t been implemented yet but would be in the next update I was told it was intentional and that I was the only person who was asking for it anyway. It does seem like an oversight to me unless they are already working on a replacement methodology for Lock on all machines but I don’t think that’s very likely.

That’s good to know that it’ll be in the next update. I don’t understand why they would intentionally disable that feature for the player. I can understand the limitation of effects but some of these interface features should be consistent across all their products. I really cannot wait for the next Kemper update. Another info they shared with me that will Be in the next update is the ability to assign a midi channel for the player. Right now it’s only on Omni. The manual stated it was possible but the feature isn’t there yet.

• That’s good to know that it’ll be in the next update. I don’t understand why they would intentionally disable that feature for the player. I can understand the limitation of effects but some of these interface features should be consistent across all their products. I really cannot wait for the next Kemper update. Another info they shared with me that will Be in the next update is the ability to assign a midi channel for the player. Right now it’s only on Omni. The manual stated it was possible but the feature isn’t there yet.

That’s not what I was trying to say unfortunately. I was told it was intentionally omitted and that I was the only person that had asked for it. The implication being that it was unlikely to be added in future unless enough users start asking.

• That’s not what I was trying to say unfortunately. I was told it was intentionally omitted and that I was the only person that had asked for it. The implication being that it was unlikely to be added in future unless enough users start asking.

Well… that’s just very strange that they want us to do that when that feature has been super helpful for users working on the rig manager. So how to we ask them? Write to their support email?

• The implication being that it was unlikely to be added in future unless enough users start asking.

Yep. This is how they've always operated.

You can ask, but if your the only one or one of a few......not happening.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche