Brand new Kemper stage, Input and Output lights are full bright on startup and no sound.

• Hi, looong time Kemper user here. I just bought a Stage (also have a Powerhead for 10 years).

When I boot it, I sometimes have this problem: the Input and Output lights are full on green and there is apparently no sound getting in or out. The worst part of this problem is that it doesn't happens everytime, so this behavior doesn't happen to be "reproductible" in the eyes of the repair center I dealt with.

I opened a ticket and it was answered very dismissively by the KPA team in the US, as in "go back where you purchased it", which I did (BTW, the German team is much more cooperative in my experience.) After examining it and doing an USB reboot, they concluded that it was solved after booting it a few times with no issue. Next time (rehearsals for huge gig), I had to fly someone to bring my Powerhead as a backup in an emergency situation, costing me literally the price of a new Stage - I would have just bought a new one but there was no music store nearby). I came close to losing my job and had a panic attack.

Anyway, now this problem is considered "not reproductible" by my repair center, yet I have several videos of my Stage doing it on startup. Anyone else has had this green light/freeze experience? I don't know what to do as after this last incident, I can't trust this Stage unit ever again on those types of gigs... it happens once in a while and the unit feels cursed. The morning of my panic attack, even re-booting it many times or doing a reset never solved the problem, that entire morning the lights were full on green no matter what.

Anyway, sorry to vent but I really resent buying this particular unit now, I seem to be the only one that experienced this. What are my options?

Yes, I'm on the latest OS release 10.2.something... with nothing connected to it, please don't tell me to try changing cables or whatnot. Thanks!

• I looked up your ticket and you asked if there was anything you could do before returning your newly purchased Profiler to the dealer since even a factory reset and update to the latest version did not fix it. The response from support was that if even a factory reset does not fix it you should contact your dealer.

In a DOA case, the dealer is obliged to offer an exchange or refund.

Sorry to hear that you found this response dismissive when it was only meant to give you the best available option to get your issue fixed as fast as possible.

• This is the first time I ever heard of a Kemper product being DOA. Just exchange for another one. I'm sure you will be tickled pink! :) Good Luck!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.