Feedback in only one of my guitars

• Hello,

I recently made a distorted profile of my 5150 II amp and it came out great and holds up well at high volume. There is one problem however, the guitars I have all have EMGs except one which has Seymour Duncan Blackouts. The guitars with EMGs are quiet as a mouse even at high volume but not the guitar with Blackouts. As soon as I turn up volume knob at high volume it feeds back. It's only happening on this profile. Has anybody out there experienced this issue and if so know how to resolve?

• Hello,

I recently made a distorted profile of my 5150 II amp and it came out great and holds up well at high volume. There is one problem however, the guitars I have all have EMGs except one which has Seymour Duncan Blackouts. The guitars with EMGs are quiet as a mouse even at high volume but not the guitar with Blackouts. As soon as I turn up volume knob at high volume it feeds back. It's only happening on this profile. Has anybody out there experienced this issue and if so know how to resolve?

Maybe you can try with the studio eq to reduce the frequency that do the feedback

• Not everything works together as I learned like a Telecaster into a Friedmen.

True, although I was surprised how great my Tele (W twang king) sounded with a gained down version SLO 100 that I normally use with near metal sounds! You just never know. I've never been a huge Fender amp fan but they sound great with a Strat/Tele.

• THOUGHTS:
    The guitar that feedsback may have microphonic issues. The pickup may act like a mic and pickup vibrations in the guitar? It may be potted differently for example.

Another issue could be if it has a trem system. The springs themselves will start vibrating and this works its way up to the strings. I would assume a low to mid freq feedback from this. I dont play loud but I usually wrap tape around my springs to get them to not act like reverb tanks in my guitar. Pros probably have better tips like rubber bands, velcro straps, or something.

The blackouts and the Amp Profile may have similar frequency curves. The peakier a frequency curve gets, the more prone it is to feedback. It takes less apparent energy to get it resonating because the energy adds up. Think like you are tapping a spring and it vibrates at a certain freq (Resonant Freq, Fr).

• Try rolling your tone knob and see if the feedback goes away. I would also look into shielding the cavities if not already done including the battery box and it's wires.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• its unlikely that the feedback is your pickups if you hold them with your fingers and mute the strings. if you can do that and there is feedback still, something outside the guitar is more likely the problem. noise and microphonics are not typical of active pickups because of their design and how they are housed in straight up resin. if you had wax potted passives, then sure, that could be a problem but blackouts aren't the same beast. gotta love the crap that comes at you from left field...

"No socks? No problem."