Backup gear

• Hey guys, here's the thing, I always wanted to have a backup in case of my kemper would fail. This never happened and probably never will ;-).

Anyway I had a powerrack first and a stage as backup ... this was overkill for me so I got rid of the powerrack. Also when something would happen to the rack I needed a backup poweramp as well. So the stage would make more sense anyway ... So I got a SD powerstage 700 ! Now with the player I thought this would be perfect ! but I fear that it will not be used and thinking it would be to expensive to use a backup. And that after a while that would be the main rig and ditch the stage :) ... No no the stage is perfect and still portable !

So I decided to get a mooer P2 and controller (battery powered and only negative thing is that I can't use a pedal for wah with it) ...

First rehearsal was a disaster :) , I did not no that the F4 controller used 2.4 Ghz to communicate with the P2, so our wireless systems screwed up the controller and I was not able to switch presets.

So now I ordered the new mooer prime S1 ... same thing only all in one instead of 2 seperate things. Same issue with wah, but I guess as a throw in the bag solution battery powered it's the best option out there.

There are still some things missing (exp pedal) but hope I made the right decision :)

How do you guy deal with a "emergency" situation that will never occure ?

Raf

ps : at some point i'll get the player as well (but I need the morph function) otherwise the 3 switches are not enough. adding axtra stuff like extra switches, exp pedals would end up as expensive as a used stage as well :)

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Joyo American with on a nano pedalboard with OCD, TC delay and verb, plusMobius. Joyo American is might be the best $40 I ever spent. I don't use a power amp, only direct to PA and monitors. For certain gigs, it is my main and only 'rig'.

• I also just got the Moore Prime S1 and it is surprisingly good. I wanted the Player as a backup but since I would have to start there from scratch with all the limitations I thought I can also start from scratch with a cheaper and smaller unit with a display.
    I will maybe get a cry baby mini wah for it.

• How do you guy deal with a "emergency" situation that will never occure ?

ps : at some point i'll get the player as well (but I need the morph function) otherwise the 3 switches are not enough. adding axtra stuff like extra switches, exp pedals would end up as expensive as a used stage as well :)

I play in a cover band and we have a huge variety of sounds/songs.

I have a Stage too.

I have bought a Nux MG-30 to train alone at home (looper and drum kit are just top :thumbup: ) and eventually to take it as a backup.... Sometimes i forget it but we start getting paid, so it would be hard not to be able to deliver a benefit just cause my Stage is out of order...

The Nux has met improvements --> Scenes for example (not exactly a Morph cause you can't act on parameters, only on activation/deactivation of FXs) and sounds are good. It brings a 2 more switches pedal in the box to control more things (but i don't use them)....

I've just bought a Player. The idea is having a second Kemper at home to train, to be able to built/try rigs at home and transfer them to my Stage, to have a small device to bring everywhere and a backup with exactly the same sounds...

For the moment, with all the limitations, all these goals are not fulfilled. but i took the leap cause C.K. said unlocked paid features will come.

KPP's sounds are top-notch, it's unecessary to tell so cause they are the same as big units. However, I get a little bit frustrated, on one side, cause i would like to try and go deeper in some FXs parameters that are not present for the moment on the device.

On the other hand, i would like to have homogeneous rig between Player & Stage (i can obtain some really good ones with the player) and start asking myself if the Stage is not becoming a "luxury" unit cause i'm just able to push simple rigs from the Player to my Stage ?!

I don't want to play the game of 7 mistakes on all my rigs.... :cursing: I want to make it simple....Just drag and drop a rig from one unit to the other whatever the direction...

Ergonomic will stay better on the Stage (by far) ! ;)

PS : If i was a professional (or would do more gigs) ; i surely have bought a second used Stage ;) :/