Neumann kh120's
    Presonus digimax
    Furman hds-6
    splawn nitro
    gmajor 2
    kemper
    agile 727s
    yes i work at Vintech

• a limiter is just a compressor set to a high (>10:1) ratio and very short attack time.
    just use the compressor post stack and set it accordingly, if you feel the need to limit your signal.
    guitar amps are highly dynamic beasts and the Profiler captures this behaviour nicely, which is why I wouldn't want to limit my signal at this point (if ever).
    careful reduction of dynamics should occur in the mixing stage - if needed at all - slamming a limiter on everything might sound impressive at the beginning, but ultimately yields signals that are harder to mix, since you cannot un-compress.

• A decent brickwall limiter at the very end of the output stage would be nice for playing live. It can really help cutting through a mix especially if you use a lot of different sounds. However, a real limiter required a few msecs of look ahead which has an impact on the latency and thus the playing feel. Could be great though if you only had that kind of limiter on the master XLR outputs that go to the FOH, while your monitor out for the stage sound would be unaffected by this.

• A decent brickwall limiter at the very end of the output stage would be nice for playing live. It can really help cutting through a mix especially if you use a lot of different sounds. However, a real limiter required a few msecs of look ahead which has an impact on the latency and thus the playing feel. Could be great though if you only had that kind of limiter on the master XLR outputs that go to the FOH, while your monitor out for the stage sound would be unaffected by this.

honestly, this sounds like a job for the FOH mixer to me.
    there's no way a guitarist can judge the mix from the stage.
    and even if he could (IEM with he same feed as the PA) he'd completely ruin it, after all: guitarist... :D

a saturation/tape compression effect on the other hand has a certain appeal to me (remember Magneto?)

• honestly, this sounds like a job for the FOH mixer to me.
    there's no way a guitarist can judge the mix from the stage.
    and even if he could (IEM with he same feed as the PA) he'd completely ruin it, after all: guitarist... :D

a saturation/tape compression effect on the other hand has a certain appeal to me (remember Magneto?)

Basically i agree, but good hardware limiters are really expensive and thus are rarely found at smaller venues. And a good limiter on a guitar signal should not change the sound to the extent that a compressor does, it just slightly cuts off the transients to gain a few db of loudness. I would really like that feature, but of course there are more important things right now reagrding the KPA.